1. 1. Grade the Pick

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

16 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

To each their own.

I'm not denying the guy is sort of an *******, though. But he has won two playoff games already, right? I think it's two. 

He has won 1 playoff game, been to 2, bc he won one.  Mayfield doesnt even come close to the level of prospect as many of the other guys on this list.

In terms if prospect coming out, I would have them 

1. Josh Allen

2. Trevor Lawrence

3.  Justin Fields

4. Deshaun Watson 

5. Joe Burrow

Josh Allen's talent level is just ridiculous.  Not at all shocked that by year 3 he was in the MVP conversation.  It's hard to argue against Lawrence's consistent dominance since his true freshman year, and that is enough to give him the edge over Fields, who is a bigger, stronger, faster version of Deshaun Watson.  Joe Burrow would round out my top 5 he had just the one flash year, but it was arguably the best year of any college QB ever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Josh Allen's talent level is just ridiculous.  Not at all shocked that by year 3 he was in the MVP conversation.  

I didn't dismiss Allen at all. Liked the kid, in fact. I was simply unsure about him because of those accuracy problems. He's definitely shown me to be wrong in my hesitations, though. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

I didn't dismiss Allen at all. Liked the kid, in fact. I was simply unsure about him because of those accuracy problems. He's definitely shown me to be wrong in my hesitations, though. 

Some of the accuracy concerns were real, but some of the stuff being said was just beyond bogus.  When I looked at that class, every single one of those QBs had question marks, but passing on Allen was passing on perhaps the single greatest physically gifted QB prospect ever, and that's what you hope for when you take a QB #1 overall.  None of the other guys screamed 'special" except Lamar, who wasnt special as a passer (and still isnt).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Some of the accuracy concerns were real, but some of the stuff being said was just beyond bogus.  When I looked at that class, every single one of those QBs had question marks, but passing on Allen was passing on perhaps the single greatest physically gifted QB prospect ever, and that's what you hope for when you take a QB #1 overall.  None of the other guys screamed 'special" except Lamar, who wasnt special as a passer (and still isnt).  

Having watched him play at Wyoming I was a little puzzled why teams were overlooking him too.  To me it was more like how the hell did this kid ever end up at Wyoming and not a much bigger program.

Maybe Trey Lance is this years Josh Allen and teams are less hesitant to bet on the upside of someone who shows extreme athletics traits and a gun for an arm.  Accuracy can be improved the rest not so much.

40 minutes ago, soulman said:

Having watched him play at Wyoming I was a little puzzled why teams were overlooking him too.  To me it was more like how the hell did this kid ever end up at Wyoming and not a much bigger program.

Maybe Trey Lance is this years Josh Allen and teams are less hesitant to bet on the upside of someone who shows extreme athletics traits and a gun for an arm.  Accuracy can be improved the rest not so much.

Trey Lance is much more confusing as to how the power 5 missed on him.  Go watch his HS tape.  It's like they assumed since he went to a small school he couldnt play QB.  Minny recruited him as a LB.  Josh Allen was a much different story.  He went into college at 6'1" 180 lbs, from a town in CA no one had ever heard of.    My size.  But he was a late bloomer and jumped to 6'5" 220 by the start of his sophomore year.  

Accuracy generally does not get better in the pros, but Josh had 2 things going on, that everybody discounted.  #1, he was surrounded by absolute trash.  People were looking at the #s and putting the completion % entirely on his accuracy.  Yeah he missed some throws, but in large part his supporting cast did nothing to help him and he had to play hero ball for Wyoming to have a chance to win.  #2 a lot of his ball placement was footwork.  He had a habit of over striding and that would make the ball sail.  Jordan Palmer did an excellent job in the draft season of fixing Josh's feet and you could see the difference visibly at his proday.  

• Like 1

Kurt Warner did a 2 part breakdown on Fields and points out the good and the bad from an objective viewpoint.

Spoiler alert, the negative points that sees are coachable. Now whether Nagy is the right coach for this o not remains to be seen.