43 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Pick

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

How about some plain fundamental drills start to finish?   No secrets there.  

All we ever get are close ups and jump cuts of 1/10th of a second of action with filler of mostly guys walking, talking and drinking gatorade or water set to awful music.  

Followed by a terrible interview.  

Stop buying tickets for the matinees.  Spend the big money on the feature performance!

😁

Yeah, Bears TV doesn't give us much so I've contented myself to just watching Lauren interviewing people.  She's gotten hotter over the years and I like her much better than Nagy.

Don't tell her I said that though.  It could be construed as sexual harassment by fan.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 10:41 AM, HuskieBear said:

this is tangential to the story itself, but i love all the content that the panthers and other teams put out. a team isn't giving up a competitive advantage by giving this kind of content to their fans. all we get from the bears are a few throws and catches from rookie mini camp.

While I wish they would do hard knocks, you might be surprised to learn the Bears have started doing a lot of content.  They are putting up their own long form behind the scenes draft show at midnight tonight.  They started this show last year called 1920 Football drive.  Very "hard knocks inspired"  which makes me even madder that they wont do hard knocks ever

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

While I wish they would do hard knocks, you might be surprised to learn the Bears have started doing a lot of content.  They are putting up their own long form behind the scenes draft show at midnight tonight.  They started this show last year called 1920 Football drive.  Very "hard knocks inspired"  which makes me even madder that they wont do hard knocks ever

yeah, i forgot about the 1920 series - i actually think they dropped the trailer the night i posted this. so i guess you're welcome?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

One day they may have no choice. IIRC the 3 criteria are can't have a first year HC, no playoffs in the last 2 years and no repeat organization over the last 10 seasons. Eventually the Bears will meet one of those, but hopefully Fields is the real deal and they make the playoffs more times than not over the next decade

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

One day they may have no choice. IIRC the 3 criteria are can't have a first year HC, no playoffs in the last 2 years and no repeat organization over the last 10 seasons. Eventually the Bears will meet one of those, but hopefully Fields is the real deal and they make the playoffs more times than not over the next decade

The NFL will never force the Bears to.do hard knocks, regardless of whether they can or not.  They could have forced them 2 of the 3 years under Fox.  Could have for Trsstmans 2nd year, hell Lovies final year would have been ideal for Hard Knocks for the NFL, Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery new to the team.  Jay coming off a year which he was playing really good football before injuring his thumb, now coming back from that.  The defense loaded with Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs, Peanut.  Add in Mike Tice as the OC, Hot Rod as DC, it was an off season ripe with storylines and expectations.  I fully expected that to be the year that the NFL would force the Bears onto Hard Knocks, instead we got a 2nd consecutive year of the Jets.  The Bears wont be on Hard Knocks until the McCaskeys sell, and then my hope would be Bezos would buy the team, and they would do a season of all or nothing

Terms of Fields contract;

Now, Fields is officially a Chicago Bear.

According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, the Bears have agreed to terms with Fields on a fully guaranteed four-year contract worth $18.871 million, which includes a $11.085 million signing bonus.

That would bring his annualized amortized signing bonus to count $2.771 mil against the cap.  Adding his 1st year salary of $660k would make is 2021 cap cost $3.431 mil.

21 hours ago, soulman said:

Terms of Fields contract;

Now, Fields is officially a Chicago Bear.

According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, the Bears have agreed to terms with Fields on a fully guaranteed four-year contract worth $18.871 million, which includes a $11.085 million signing bonus.

That would bring his annualized amortized signing bonus to count $2.771 mil against the cap.  Adding his 1st year salary of $660k would make is 2021 cap cost $3.431 mil.

Rookie contracts are the best lol. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Rookie contracts are the best lol. 

I just posted Jenkins projected contract in the OTA2 thread and the combined 2021 cap hit for both Fields and Jenkins.  It's just under $5 mil.

That's roughly the same amount as Andy Dalton.

Two QBs and a LT for $10 mil of cap ain't a bad deal.  😄

On 6/3/2021 at 10:04 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

I am not impressed with 1920 

• Like 1