2021: 01.14 - Jets select OG Alijah Vera-Tucker

Bianconero

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Davis will be on the team and so will Maye. I don't see a need for safety. I think the 2 picks in the first round will be an OL guy and DT/DE guy that can push the pocket. 

I would love for that to happen, but not willing to bank on it. Davis still has to prove he's good and Maye is 28 looking for a bigger deal to end his career with. Anything can happen, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I would love for that to happen, but not willing to bank on it. Davis still has to prove he's good and Maye is 28 looking for a bigger deal to end his career with. Anything can happen, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

Safety should never be a first round selection honestly. It’s the defense’s running back. Joe Douglas knows this. I’m going OT and pass rusher with our picks next year. 

18 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Safety should never be a first round selection honestly. It’s the defense’s running back. Joe Douglas knows this. I’m going OT and pass rusher with our picks next year. 

Depends on the talent level that's out there but not having safeties can get the center of your defense ate up. It definitely could be a 2nd round pick, but I'm saying this because I like who's projected to be the top safety and how far back Seattle will likely be picking.  

Edited by rickyt31

Yeah I don’t want previous regimes to cloud my judgement but after what’s it’s taken to reallocate our resources from the safety/linebacker/3-4 DE positions id rather attack the o-line, pass rusher and cb positions next year. 

Edited by xenajets

I'll say this, it doesn't matter what direction we go, I'm very confident in JD to make the right moves or at at least a move we understand. I really liked last year's draft and I like this one even more. There aren't many teams I can say that had a better draft than us. Might be the first time I can say I love the coaching staff & GM at the same time. lol 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I think it's definitely reasonable to think Maye might be gone after this year. I agree on this here. I think a good season on our end and Saleh connecting with the players will be enough for him to return, so we have to execute on both points to keep Maye around. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I think it's definitely reasonable to think Maye might be gone after this year. I agree on this here. I think a good season on our end and Saleh connecting with the players will be enough for him to return, so we have to execute on both points to keep Maye around. 

You're not wrong. My concern for the defense is that if Ulbrich can have a defense well prepared like Saleh did in San Fran and how some of the players like Davis, Hall, Austin, and who ever our WLB perform in this system. This could be a better fit for all of them, but it's up in the air. Week 1 will be a great test for the defense. I'm not worried about the Dline at all though.