15th Overall Pick the New England Patriots Select - Mac Jones - QB - Alabama

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, The Third Rider said:
2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

What if Fields busts just as or harder? 

I mean it's the Bears, the kind is already half way there.

100%.  Fields is a baller but he got screwed.  You could tell he wasn't happy.

• Like 1

I'm one happy camper and I'm sure we picked a winner.   i going to try to show why he will work out and won't bust.   He's smart he's accurate and doesn't force the ball. He also will not make dumb mistakes and turner over the ball.

Ya he might not be able to get away from the rush like Fields and Lance however the not a real issue becasue of offensive system , OL and the running game.

The Pats will not put to much on him early til he adjust the the NFL. The will treat him like Jacoby Brisett when he played the Texans. Better yet they will use the Brady offense when he started out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I'm one happy camper and I'm sure we picked a winner.   i going to try to show why he will work out and won't bust.   He's smart he's accurate and doesn't force the ball. He also will not make dumb mistakes and turner over the ball.

Ya he might not be able to get away from the rush like Fields and Lance however the not a real issue becasue of offensive system , OL and the running game.

The Pats will not put to much on him early til he adjust the the NFL. The will treat him like Jacoby Brisett when he played the Texans. Better yet they will use the Brady offense when he started out.

We've got the personnel now to run an early 2000s Brady offense on steroids, too

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Reiss is pedaling the "This was the plan all along" storyline. 

Bill may not be the best talent evaluator but he's a master at moving around in the draft, I don't believe for a second they wanted Fields and got sniped.  If they were planning to move up for Fields then they would've been talking to teams ahead of them and would've had opportunities or been given the chance to outbid Chicago.  Mac was 100% their guy... or at the very least they had similar grades on Mac and Fields and took the guy who dropped.

• Like 2

Fields had bust written all over him. Don't get some people's infatuation with him. I really wanted Trey Lance but obviously that was never going to happen in hindsight. Mac Jones was my next realistic choice tho. Glad it was him over Fields.

Edited by PatriotsWin!