15th Overall Pick the New England Patriots Select - Mac Jones - QB - Alabama

Deadpulse

On 1/11/2021 at 1:13 AM, DoleINGout said:

Get Mac Jones already and call it a day.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:40 AM, DoleINGout said:

I could see this being their guy even at 15 if they don't trade up. I think Jones might be gone too by 15 but if he were there the Pats wouldn't surprise me if they took a guy at or close to 15 and then traded back up somewhere late day 1 to get Trask.

On 4/26/2021 at 11:18 AM, DoleINGout said:

I don't doubt the Pats affinity for Jones in some capacity within the first day or two of the draft. The Patriots make some picks I am not a fan of every single year and overvalue the prospects they select, especially if it is early in the draft or a position of desperate need.

Jones to me if a fine project you can get at the end of the first round for the fifth year option or just wait until the second round to target. I think going after Fields is a better play.

On 3/23/2021 at 6:25 PM, DoleINGout said:

I was on the Mac Jones hype very early, as a fan of his for his game and fit with the Patriots - well before the rest of the forum started to see the great potential that he might be a guy you trade up for.

What I think they should do is different than what I predict them to do.

On 3/24/2021 at 8:29 AM, DoleINGout said:

As might I. I've been optimistic about Mac Jones with the Patriots since early-mid January when suggesting they take him early in the first round. Everyone else caught up and sees his value there now.

The Patriots have a terrific track record of getting the most out the QB's they have drafted, even if none of the QB's are good starters, they at least have performed for a short period of time. The Pats have been good at finding backups in the middle rounds of the draft who on average maxed out at about a seasons worth of games filling in during their careers as starters. That is all you can ask for from a backup, so good on the Patriots for finding backup quality QB's. Finding a long term starter is harder. Jimmy G, Jacoby Brissett, Brian Hoyer, and Matt Cassel aren't that. Whether it be durability, consistent decision making, or a lack of elite traits as a leader, all of those guys have fallen into the category of being best suited to backup duty. Again, for a backup QB role the Patriots have been elite as far as drafting. But when it comes to finding good starters on offense regardless of position, they have struggled to evaluate and select from the available talent on the board more so I think than other teams.

On 3/19/2021 at 10:54 PM, DoleINGout said:

My bet is Justin Fields is the target in a trade up.

Should Fields be unattainable/taken but the Patriots still trade up, it is for Trey Lance.

If "settling" in the first round at 15, it is Mac Jones if available.

If not available at 15, it is Kyle Trask possibly even in a trade down should a team be willing to move up at that point.

If settling in the in the second round, it is Kellen Mond.

On 1/12/2021 at 2:05 PM, DoleINGout said:

Mac Jones will be a top 10 pick at this point. If he is there at 15, the Pats would be drafting dumb yet again if they passed on another slam dunk.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:16 AM, DoleINGout said:

Mac Jones and I don't have to think twice about it. Jimmy G has always been a terribly overrated investment.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, DoleINGout said:

for this reason, all else being equal, Mac>Tua (for Bill/Pats)

It would hope that if they don't get Jaylen Waddle or one of Jones or Lance, that they trade for Jalen Hurts who they should have taken in the first last year.

Again. Not surprising. Expected. Good fit. Optimistic. But, the ceiling isn't that same as Fields or Lance and it isn't a first round ceiling IMO with any other team really besides BB/Patriots.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Starless said:

We're gonna hear some report in the next couple of days about how the Pats tried to trade up to 8, and then to 11 but weren't willing to give up a future 1st, and I will need to be institutionalized for the next few days after that. 

I'll visit my good friend.