15th Overall Pick the New England Patriots Select - Mac Jones - QB - Alabama

Deadpulse

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He says mutliple times that he is going to support Cam and Stid. Some guys try to push him into saying he wants to compete for a starting job but he kept with the good teammate narrative. Not sure if I like that he is respecting the vets or hate that he isnt thirsty for that competition. Hoping he has that fire behind closed doors. 

I will say, I LOVE how freaking pumped he was when he got picked on stage with Goodell. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Not sure if I like that he is respecting the vets or hate that he isnt thirsty for that competition. Hoping he has that fire behind closed doors. 

I'm not worried about his competitiveness 

https://thesportsrush.com/nfl-news-tell-your-defense-to-stop-it-mac-jones-alabama-nfl-qb-draft-prospect-told-off-nick-sabans-defense-after-bombing-touchdowns/

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

Am I off? but when I see him I see a lot of Matt Ryan in him. Mobility, arm strength, accuracy, football smarts he just looks like Matt Ryan to me. Obviously he still needs to develop.

I mean, if his traits are 100% transferable he could be something between Drew Brees and Matt Ryan imo. I see Kirk Cousins in him. Little chance he is not at least competent but not sure how high of a ceiling he has. But if he can process extremely quickly for NFL standards and is very accurate, he could be very good.

Good morning Pats fans!  I just wanted to stop in and congratulate you on your new QB.  I think he is a perfect fit in New England, and he fell right to you at pick 15!  That's so awesome!  It's obviously going to be tough when you are trying to replace the GOAT, but Mac should be able to get acclimated to the pro game quickly and having the best head coach that has ever done it teaching him certainly won't hurt.  I really think he's going to work out well for you.  Best of luck on days 2 and 3 and in 2021!

• Like 5

Just now, SBLIII said:

I mean, if his traits are 100% transferable he could be something between Drew Brees and Matt Ryan imo. I see Kirk Cousins in him. Little chance he is not at least competent but not sure how high of a ceiling he has. But if he can process extremely quickly for NFL standards and is very accurate, he could be very good.

I think what will make or break him will be what wide receivers we give him. The guy looks like an all star but that offense was absolutely stacked, this guy might not be good with mediocre wide outs. This is going to be a real test for this franchise, we need to give him the tools to make him successful.

Just now, The Third Rider said:

I think what will make or break him will be what wide receivers we give him. The guy looks like an all star but that offense was absolutely stacked, this guy might not be good with mediocre wide outs. This is going to be a real test for this franchise, we need to give him the tools to make him successful.

I think the Pats should go WR today. Moore, Marshall etc. could be a big help