15th Overall Pick the New England Patriots Select - Mac Jones - QB - Alabama

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

I mean, if his traits are 100% transferable he could be something between Drew Brees and Matt Ryan imo. I see Kirk Cousins in him. Little chance he is not at least competent but not sure how high of a ceiling he has. But if he can process extremely quickly for NFL standards and is very accurate, he could be very good.

I dont see the Kirk Cousins comparison. Can you elaborate? Is it more of just a barometer of tier?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

Am I off? but when I see him I see a lot of Matt Ryan in him. Mobility, arm strength, accuracy, football smarts he just looks like Matt Ryan to me. Obviously he still needs to develop.

what I find funny is that everyone holds his supporting cast against him but nobody said a damn thing about Burrow. Burrow and Jones had a very similar seasons and supporting casts. One went 1st and the other 15th, excellent value in that case.

• Like 1

I think Burrow was a better athlete, not elite athlete or anything but better. 

I'll be interested in seeing how well Jones does after a couple years in the strength and conditioning program.. his 40 time for instance was quicker than many thought it would be, and i'm sure everyone has seen the photos where he isn't in elite shape lol. Give him some time where he focuses 100% on what the team wants him doing and he could take a tiny jump from an athletic level. 

At the end of the day we don't need him to be Cam, if he can be quick enough in the pocket to avoid sacks.. or grab 5 yards to keep the defense honest, that's more than enough

2 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I think Burrow was a better athlete, not elite athlete or anything but better. 

I'll be interested in seeing how well Jones does after a couple years in the strength and conditioning program.. his 40 time for instance was quicker than many thought it would be, and i'm sure everyone has seen the photos where he isn't in elite shape lol. Give him some time where he focuses 100% on what the team wants him doing and he could take a tiny jump from an athletic level. 

At the end of the day we don't need him to be Cam, if he can be quick enough in the pocket to avoid sacks.. or grab 5 yards to keep the defense honest, that's more than enough

He is a better athlete. I just think the perception is hilarious. Burrow arguably had a more talented WR trio. Jones had Smith and Waddle and Waddle missed most of the year. Burrow had Chase, Jefferson and Marshall. Burrow also had a 1st round RB and the best OL in the country. Jones did better than Tua and Tua had Waddle, Ruggs, Jeudy and Smith. 

While I'm not 100% sold on Jones.. I do like Jones better than Tua. Who knows, after the ACL Burrow may be on par with Jones regarding athleticism. 

It said something when even his teammates picked Jones over Tua. He seemed like a good leader, even convinced Smith to take some passes at his pro day, etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Third Rider said:

What exactly is an upper tier game manager? I want a name as an example. The guy can drive the ball downfield, he is not exiting like Lamar or Mahomes but can move the chains and score points. Like I said, we just need to get him tools to work with. 

Matt ryan?

Just now, The Third Rider said:

Matt Ryan is a prolific passer, had he won the super bowl he would be looked in different light. He is #9 all time in yards.

I could see Jones become a prolific passer. Wouldn't surprise me. His season last year was as good as I've seen from a college QB.

3 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

Am I off? but when I see him I see a lot of Matt Ryan in him. Mobility, arm strength, accuracy, football smarts he just looks like Matt Ryan to me. Obviously he still needs to develop.

I see more of Brees and Rivers without the gamble and choke.  Ryans arm is stronger.