15th Overall Pick the New England Patriots Select - Mac Jones - QB - Alabama

Deadpulse

We all want to see Mac at the helm but Bill wont throw a rookie out there into the fire like that. He has much to learn and Cam could mentor him for a while. Now if Cam's arm starts to fall off later in the season I think we will see a change.

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Third Rider said:

We all want to see Mac at the helm but Bill wont throw a rookie out there into the fire like that. He has much to learn and Cam could mentor him for a while. Now if Cam's arm starts to fall off later in the season I think we will see a change.

Agreed, I think at best he starts the second half of the season. As long as Cam is playing well enough that the team is in the playoff hunt I think BB will probably want to stick with him. It will take an injury or Cam just being horrendous for him to make the switch ( Or I suppose Jones just looking spectacular in practice)

• Like 1

I am really excited about this team. 

The Pats only need good (not great) QB play from either Cam or Jones. If so, they will make the playoffs. Outside of WR, this team is strong everywhere. The QBs must show up

• Like 1

Let's look at it logically...

Mac's best traits is that he makes good decisions, takes care of the ball and is accurate. What he isn't is someone who can create plays or extend plays with his legs, he can't lazer a ball outside the numbers to throw someone open, his arm is good but not great. 

In many ways, he's the antithesis of peak Cam. 

If Cam starts leaving completions out there, Mac comes in. If Mac shows that in the NFL he makes good decisions, takes care of the ball and is accurate - the job is his and Cam won't get it back unless Mac gets injured. Mac benefits from being the type of QB who is unlikely to torpedo a team as a rookie - i.e he takes care and makes good decisions. 

Mac will be our QB at some point this season. I hope Cam does himself and us proud though, and that it's not too bad of a departure. I do like him

I read a lot about Mac Jones this weekend and there’s one thing that jumps to me. Mac is criticized for his lack of mobility and for playing for a stacked team. However, this did not seem to affect Tua’s stock last year and the guy was way more fragile. So, would you guys say that Tua was a better prospect than Jones ?

15 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

Tua was a better prospect than Jones ?

No.  I thought he was a real good college QB however I didn't see it translating to the pros. I never like his throwing motion. He had to use his body and flick his wrist which slow down his setup when pressured off his spot. Make this simple he threw with his body.

4 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

I read a lot about Mac Jones this weekend and there’s one thing that jumps to me. Mac is criticized for his lack of mobility and for playing for a stacked team. However, this did not seem to affect Tua’s stock last year and the guy was way more fragile. So, would you guys say that Tua was a better prospect than Jones ?

I was not a Tua fan either. I think I would prefer Jones but I view them as pretty similar in terms of being a second round pick each.