Marshawn Lynch suspended 1 game

Incarcerated_Scarface

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm surprised a physical altercation with a ref only nets one game.

Would've been worse if he made a more violent action. It looks like he was retaliating, probably not realizing at first it was an official grabbing him from behind, then realized it was an official and tried to stand him back up by gabbing him on the scruff, lol.

Worst part about this is how he ran onto the field to get involved considering he wasn't on the field during the play. I get Marcus Peters is his cousin so he thought he could be helpful in defusing it... but let the officials do their jobs.. he 100% put himself in that position.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Would've been worse if he made a more violent action. It looks like he was retaliating, probably not realizing at first it was an official grabbing him from behind, then realized it was an official and tried to stand him back up by gabbing him on the scruff, lol.

Worst part about this is how he ran onto the field to get involved considering he wasn't on the field during the play. I get Marcus Peters is his cousin so he thought he could be helpful in defusing it... but let the officials do their jobs.. he 100% put himself in that position.

Where does it look like he didn't know? It looks like he knew who he was grabbing  to me.

Pretty dumb. If I'm his teammate, especially Osemele who was first to come to Carr's defense, I'm not happy with him at all since he came to the support of a division revival and cost himself a game and a half. I know Lynch and Peters are close, but to get so caught up in the moment and ignoring the team, can't see this being well received in the lockerroom.  

Just now, steadypimpin said:

Where does it look like he didn't know? It looks like he knew who he was grabbing  to me.

It's hard to tell but it looks like to me he was trying to talk to Marcus Peters when the ref grabbed him, his eyes were almost certainly facing Peters, not to the right where the official was. Keep in mind, I'm not defending this at all lol.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Pretty dumb. If I'm his teammate, especially Osemele who was first to come to Carr's defense, I'm not happy with him at all since he came to the support of a division revival and cost himself a game and a half. I know Lynch and Peters are close, but to get so caught up in the moment and ignoring the team, can't see this being well received in the lockerroom.  

Apparently he was celebrating in the team locker room with the rest of the team after the game and most Raiders have said they love Lynch so I don't think they're really mad at him.

I'm not surprised it was for only 1 week, and I'm not surprised that they are appealing it (based on what, who knows?).

That said, I think that running onto the field from the bench, and then making forceful contact with a ref should result in a bigger suspension than that

Archived