🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

lol I figured this would be the comeback. There is such a huuuuuuge middle ground between where you are at and where you think I'm at. In no world am I saying Leatherwood is a "beast". I'm saying let's see what happens. The kid obviously has the tools and pedigree to succeed in the NFL and I know jack sheet about the OL position so I hope those who get paid to make these kind of calls did the right thing. But bringing up something negative in every single damn post you make is tiring man. It's okay to admit you aren't sure how things will turn out, the unknown isn't bad, it's just that, unknown. 

Why are you defending this reach...?

Why are you letting them off the hook? Classic justification period to ease your own grief. 

Darrisaw will be a Franchise RT while Leatherwood is moved to Guard after one season. Book it right now. 

Jon and Mike do not care about this team, and if you still believe that, I’m not sure what to tell you. Jon is here for 100M. He brought his good friend Mike here for a piece of the pie and lofty 3M salary and incentives. They are both here for the paycheck. 

Jon, Mike, and Carr will all be gone in 3 years and we will have absolutely nothing to show for it. As much criticism as I give Carr, at least he loves this Football Team and wants them to succeed. Jon and Mike are purely here for the paycheck. They are literally Albert Haynesworthing the Raiders. Not joking. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

My OL evaluation over the years has been shaky at best, hence why I can quasi justify the pick. That and the Miller whiff. Value continues to be a concern. I’m not super pleased with the FO. I’ll give them this year and this draft. No results and it’s over for me.

If Richie isn't healthy we're going to be starting essentially 3 rookies in Simpson, James, and Leatherwood. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

My OL evaluation over the years has been shaky at best, hence why I can quasi justify the pick. That and the Miller whiff. Value continues to be a concern. I’m not super pleased with the FO. I’ll give them this year and this draft. No results and it’s over for me.

If there’s ever a year to make the playoffs, it’s this year against the NFCE. 

Instead, they will go 8-9 and continue to disappoint. 

Even if we did string together a wildcard berth, this is not a consistent franchise/management, and will not consistently make the playoffs or ever win the division. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

He didnt wanna play RT anymore. That's actually the reason why he wanted to be traded in the first place

He wanted to play LT to get that LT money since he's on the last year of his rookie deal. As we showed last season paying Trent Brown $21M, we are willing to pay a RT big money. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If there’s ever a year to make the playoffs, it’s this year against the NFCE. 

Instead, they will go 8-9 and continue to disappoint. 

Even if we did string together a wildcard berth, this is not a consistent franchise/management, and will not consistently make the playoffs or ever win the division. 

Imagine being a Bears fan, trading for Mack and still ending up with Justin Fields, must be nice.

Just now, NYRaider said:

He wanted to play LT to get that LT money since he's on the last year of his rookie deal. As we showed last season paying Trent Brown $21M, we are willing to pay a RT big money. 

There's no way we do that again. That was the point of getting rid of him

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

There's no way we do that again. That was the point of getting rid of him

Trent didn't want to be here and was publicly criticizing the organization. Vic said we wanted to keep him and were monitoring his conditioning before free agency started but asked him to take a pay cut. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea we did a mass exodus of overpaid OL. I don't see why fans think we would turn around and give up major draft capital + shell out another huge contract on the OL.

Because having a good OL is pivotal to being a good football team? In 2018 when we had a young, so-so line, how did Carr look? 

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And move who to LT???? Leatherwood is going to have a hard enough time playing RT. His best position in the NFL is a Guard. Read my above post. Have you let yourself fall for the Justification Process as well? Leatherwood will be an Average or Below-Average RT, or a solid Guard. 

He’s not much of an OT. 

Same with Mayock/Gruden thinking Bowden was a RB, while every other Front Office, and all fans, clearly saw he was a WR. 

I was replying to a post about trading 17 to Balt. for Brown.  Someone said we should have traded the pick for Brown but also said Brown wouldn't come here to play RT.  My suggestion was to move Miller to RT and Brown LT.  My post had nothing to do with Leatherwood. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Imagine being a Bears fan, trading for Mack and still ending up with Justin Fields, must be nice.

Fields at 11 was the best value pick of the draft. And for the third year in a row, the Raiders make the worst value pick of the 1st Round. I wish that was an exaggeration. 

Miller was not a horrible value pick. It was like a ten pick reach and Miller was a projected 1st Rounder by everyone. 

How are Mayocks/Jons massive reaches in Ferrell and Arnette working out? Horribly so far. Leatherwood will be no different.