🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Lol that part I agree with. But who would you have drafted at 17 given the circumstances?

Christian Darrisaw or Jalean Phillips. Phillips will probably be a perennial 10+ sack guy for the next decade while Leatherwood is an average RT. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Christian Darrisaw or Jalean Phillips. Phillips will probably be a perennial 10+ sack guy for the next decade while Leatherwood is an average RT. 

Those were the two I wanted also. But even I have to acknowledge that they both come with risks. Once I learned about the laziness or the not really finishing blocks I realized why a team that just traded Trent Brown wouldn’t want to draft him. and then with Phillips there’s a whole concussion thing. But man that’s the one that got me. If he goes off in the NFL that’ll eat at me no matter what Leatherwood does. That being said I think Leatherwood is actually going to be a really good RT due to his athleticism.

Edited by Jeremy408

5 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

So you won't aknowledge you were way off on his value? Every team passed on him, that should tell you something.

Every team in the league passed on Myles Jack and Darius Leonard in the 1st round too before they were early 2nd round picks. Wonder how they feel about that now. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Every team in the league passed on Myles Jack and Darius Leonard in the 1st round too before they were early 2nd round picks. Wonder how they feel about that now. 

Yeah using that logic you can never make a mistake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Those were the two I wanted also. But even I have to acknowledge that they both come with risks. Once I learned about the laziness or the not really finishing blocks I realized why a team that just traded Trent Brown wouldn’t want to draft him. and then with Phillips there’s a whole concussion thing. But man that’s the one that got me.

I would've rather brought back Trent Brown with his $14M cap hit and personally supplied him with Oreos each and every day, bow before him, and kiss his feet if we could reverse time and not take Leatherwood.

Just now, NYRaider said:

And teams reach on players who turn out being great picks. This goes both ways. You've made up your mind already and that's totally cool. For the teams sake I hope its a home run pick. 

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

And teams reach on players who turn out being great picks. This goes both ways. You've made up your mind already and that's totally cool. For the teams sake I hope its a home run pick. 

I don't doubt that Leatherwood will be an average to above average starter. But we're entering a make or break period for the entire future direction of the franchise. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I would've rather brought back Trent Brown with his $14M cap hit and personally supplied him with Oreos each and every day, bow before him, and kiss his feet if we could reverse time and not take Leatherwood.

I would rather have a Leatherwood than Tran Brown that way if Sam young players at least there’s a $14 million cap hit Lolol

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't doubt that Leatherwood will be an average to above average starter. But we're entering a make or break period for the entire future direction of the franchise. 

My biggest thing with Leatherwood is he better start week one. I don’t want to hear anything else. I don’t even want to hear he struggling early in camp and then we find out he’s on IR because of a toe injury or some crap

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

My biggest thing with Leatherwood is he better start week one. I don’t want to hear anything else. I don’t even want to hear he struggling early in camp and then we find out he’s on IR because of a toe injury or some crap

Special teams war daddy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And you're fine betting that on a Phillips? You trust his medicals that much? To use our 1st round pick in a "make or break period of the entire future direction of the franchise"? I like Phillips too but I see why he wasn't the pick. Seeing how this narrative could've easily been reserved is hilarious. It's all perception. We don't KNOW anything. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Darius Leonard went to a small school. Miles Jack had a medical scare. JOK is completely healthy and played for what many consider a blue blood program. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

To act like a player isn't good because he didn't go in the 1st round is comical. Especially at a position like LB where most of the LB's taken early have been busts.

No the remark was about drafting value.

Blaming picking a RT at 17 when we could have traded down and probably draft him later is fair critique. But then suggesting to pick JOK when he is still available at 33 makes no sense. How can you blame us for not trading down but then suggest picking a guy at 17 who is still available at 33.  

With our current pick we might have been able to draft him later but who know he could have been picked at 18 as well, we simply don't know. But with JOK we at least now drafting him at 17 would have been an overdraft since he is still available. Regardless if he turns out to be a HOF-er or a backup.

• Like 2