🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Special teams war daddy.

A mysterious toe injury comes out of nowhere and keeps him out for a whole year. I also don’t want to hear we’re going to start them out at guard and work his way to right tackle because we threw too much at them too early. My thing is I have no problem with the pick if he is guaranteed to come in and start week one.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My biggest thing with Leatherwood is he better start week one. I don’t want to hear anything else. I don’t even want to hear he struggling early in camp and then we find out he’s on IR because of a toe injury or some crap

I'll give hime a pass on injuries, but without injuries he needs to start and perform thats for sure.

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

And you're fine betting that on a Phillips? You trust his medicals that much? To use our 1st round pick in a "make or break period of the entire future direction of the franchise"? I like Phillips too but I see why he wasn't the pick. Seeing how this narrative could've easily been reserved is hilarious. It's all perception. We don't KNOW anything. 

I think potentially adding another high end pass rusher into our rotation, especially with Bradley's scheme that relies almost exclusively on a 4 man rush to generate pressure, would've been worth the risk. Because if he hits and Yannick/Crosby both do their thing then you're looking at a pretty potent pass rush which would vastly improve our defense. 

Leatherwood will likely be an average starter, doesn't move the needle much. And I highly doubt that he plays much better than Sam Young and Denzel Good did at RT last season.

If we fail to make the playoffs and/or having a losing record seats will become hot. Mayock will probably be the fall guy and then you're also in a weird position with Carr. 

8 minutes ago, Roninho said:

No the remark was about drafting value.

Blaming picking a RT at 17 when we could have traded down and probably draft him later is fair critique. But then suggesting to pick JOK when he is still available at 33 makes no sense. How can you blame us for not trading down but then suggest picking a guy at 17 who is still available at 33.  

With our current pick we might have been able to draft him later but who know he could have been picked at 18 as well, we simply don't know. But with JOK we at least now drafting him at 17 would have been an overdraft since he is still available. Regardless if he turns out to be a HOF-er or a backup.

That’s all I’m saying. This year is proof that you can’t simply trust the Internet mock drafts to give you information on what the “consensus” is.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roninho said:

No the remark was about drafting value.

Blaming picking a RT at 17 when we could have traded down and probably draft him later is fair critique. But then suggesting to pick JOK when he is still available at 33 makes no sense. How can you blame us for not trading down but then suggest picking a guy at 17 who is still available at 33.  

With our current pick we might have been able to draft him later but who know he could have been picked at 18 as well, we simply don't know. But with JOK we at least now drafting him at 17 would have been an overdraft since he is still available. Regardless if he turns out to be a HOF-er or a backup.

When did I say pick JOK? I said I would've taken Phillips who was selected immediately after our pick. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

That’s all I’m saying. This year is prove that you can’t simply trust the Internet mock drafts to give you information on what the “consensus” is.

True the consensus on Ferrell, Arnette, and Abram was definitely wrong. Boys been balling with that chip on their shoulder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

When did I say pick JOK? I said I would've taken Phillips who was selected immediately after our pick. 

I agree I would’ve actually taken Phillips hands down. But I do remember you going into detail about how you didn’t want to pick somebody that had the concussion issues that he did. So there’s that.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I agree I would’ve actually taken Phillips hands down. But I do remember you going into detail about how you didn’t want to pick somebody that had the concussion issues that he did. So there’s that.

I never said that, I said I would take the gamble on him. We consistently reach on average players at positions of need with low upside and wonder why we're not very good. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I never said that, I said I would take the gamble on him. We consistently reach on average players at positions of need with low upside and wonder why we're not very good. 

You did say that(it was the day of Miami’s pro day) but then yesterday you ultimately said that you would take him.