🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

But you do speak in absolutes at a crazy rate and the question was why should we believe you when it comes to OL scouting and projections. I wanted to know your credentials because you speak so confidently. But once again, nothing. It's fine. Lets hope for a better second day and move on, this is the same old same old. 

They are not absolutes to me, they are all opinions when I make them, and my intention is opinion. I just phrase my opinions in a strong, in your face way, because that’s how I post about sports (only sports). They are not guarantees or absolutes, but still opinions. Strong opinions. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

They are not absolutes to me, they are all opinions when I make them, and my intention is opinion. I just phrase my opinions in a strong, in your face way, because that’s how I post about sports (only sports). They are not guarantees or absolutes, but still opinions. Strong opinions. 

Okay so your definition of absolutes is different than everybody else, got it! I totally should have known that you define a word different than the general population. Maybe work on that? You can make your point known and get your opinions out there without it being so my way or the high way. Especially when you're not an expert in that field or will even explain why you should be taken more seriously than someone else. Cheers.  

Mike Mayock was an NFL football player.  And as a commentator and analyst has probably watched more legitimate game film than most people not employed by an NFL team, before he was hired as GM. Probably still underqualified but definitely more qualified than most.  

Also are we forgetting that he drafted Foster Moreau, Maxx Crosby, Josh Jacobs, Trayvon Mullen, Hunter Renfrow, and Alec Ingold. With the jury still being out on half of his other draft picks, I think a little slack could be cut.  But if this year doesn't end in a playoff birth he should be gone.  

Also Abram wasn't a reach.  Most had him going in the late first.  ESPN had him as their 20th ranked prospect. 

1 minute ago, SodakRaiders said:

Mike Mayock was an NFL football player.  And as a commentator and analyst has probably watched more legitimate game film than most people not employed by an NFL team, before he was hired as GM. Probably still underqualified but definitely more qualified than most.  

Also are we forgetting that he drafted Foster Moreau, Maxx Crosby, Josh Jacobs, Trayvon Mullen, Hunter Renfrow, and Alec Ingold. With the jury still being out on half of his other draft picks, I think a little slack could be cut.  But if this year doesn't end in a playoff birth he should be gone.  

Also Abram wasn't a reach.  Most had him going in the late first.  ESPN had him as their 20th ranked prospect. 

there are literally 32 GM jobs. being "more qualified than most" is a meaningless qualifier when you are looking at a position like that.

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cleveland has built themselves a monster. They are stacked top to bottom. 

If only we had people in our Front Office like them who know what they are doing. 

we talking about the same Cleveland we beat on the road last year? Crazy how we are a complete dumpster fire, and the Browns can do no wrong lol 

• Like 2

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Okay so your definition of absolutes is different than everybody else, got it! I totally should have known that you define a word different than the general population. Maybe work on that? You can make your point known and get your opinions out there without it being so my way or the high way. Especially when you're not an expert in that field or will even explain why you should be taken more seriously than someone else. Cheers.  

I’m not an expert. Agreed. Neither are any of these Media Websites. PFF, Draft Network, CBS, you name it. Also, Mayock is not an expert, his credentials are no better than fans. 

If anyone is an expert, I guess we can say Daniel Jeremiah. Four time NFL Scout. Leatherwood 62nd Ranked Player and Projected Guard. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

we talking about the same Cleveland we beat on the road last year? Crazy how we are a complete dumpster fire, and the Browns can do no wrong lol 

Not to dump on our team more, but only reason we won that game is because of the crazy wind and Garrett was dealing with an injury. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Not to dump on our team more, but only reason we won that game is because of the crazy wind and Garrett was dealing with an injury. 

No.  We won that game because we scored 16 points and they scored 3.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SodakRaiders said:

I was responding to someone a few pages ago who said that he is no more qualified that any of us. 

Because you played College QB and “Watch A Lot of Film” is not a qualification of credentials. Mayock was a media guy, and has been a horrible GM so far who literally has no clue what he is doing. I’m not even sure how that can be defended at this point, but I admire fans dedication. 

1 minute ago, Totty said:

No.  We won that game because we scored 16 points and they scored 3.  

Because the winds were 30mph. Same thing happened the Browns next game, Browns won 10-7, and they both had Top 10 Offenses. 

You keep your simplistic approach though. Easier to accept that way. 

Edited by BayRaider