๐Ÿˆ Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

Just now, BayRaider said:

Solidfying the fact both Gruden and Mayock need to go. Three terrible 1st Rounds in a row when it comes to a value perspective.ย 

Yea I'm on board with a major change. Unfortunately Gruden likely is here long-term. That decade long contract has screwed us like no other.ย 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea I'm on board with a major change. Unfortunately Gruden likely is here long-term. That decade long contract has screwed us like no other.ย 

So, you're one of the more logical posters here. ย If Leatherwood balls out. ย Pro bowls and all... Do you still feel the same way?ย 

put me in the; I hated this pick because it wasnt D camp.
It sucks that Leatherwood was viewed so low, and clearly a reach by the media rankings, but I dont know much about rating oline.ย 

I wouldve hated Darrisaw, but it wouldve been nice seeing the media say it was a good pick haha.
Darrisaw vs Leatherwood will be interesting to see down the road.ย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because you played College QB and โ€œWatch A Lot of Filmโ€ is not a qualification of credentials. Mayock was a media guy, and has been a horrible GM so far who literally has no clue what he is doing. Iโ€™m not even sure how that can be defendedย at this point, but I admire fans dedication.ย 

Didnโ€™t you just pick DJ as the most qualified analyst? Dude played college QB and had 4 years as a scout for 3 different NFL teams. I love DJ but letโ€™s not act like thatโ€™s that much different than Mayock. Also IMO scouting OL is a whole different animal and not one that many people who didnโ€™t play/coach the position do well. And Iโ€™ve even heard high profile scouts say just that.ย 
ย 

DJ also had Dwayne Haskins as a top 20 player in that draft and Abrams in the top 25.ย 

• Like 3

From Brandon Thorn in Twitter who is consistently cited as one of the better strictly OL scouts in the game.ย 
ย 

Has him rated about where weโ€™ve seen but also says in a later tweet that his upside is legit and much higher than his initial ranking of OT 7 due to it being such a deep class.ย 

States that his athleticism is not an issue but it is all technique based and correctable...interesting. Could have sworn I heard it was the other way around. Once again, time will tell.

ย 

Edited by CaliforniaKid7

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

put me in the; I hated this pick because it wasnt D camp.
It sucks that Leatherwood was viewed so low, and clearly a reach by the media rankings, but I dont know much about rating oline.ย 

I wouldve hated Darrisaw, but it wouldve been nice seeing the media say it was a good pick haha.
Darrisaw vs Leatherwood will be interesting to see down the road.ย 

at least youre honest about it. a lot of insecure Raiders fans just want to read/hear good things about their team so they can gloat to their friends or feel good about it lol the two guys i wanted are still on the board so how the hell can i call Leatherwood a reach? goes to show how much i know lmaoย 

• Like 2

Just now, Geezy said:

at least youre honest about it. a lot of insecure Raiders fans just want to read/hear good things about their team so they can gloat to their friends or feel good about it lol the two guys i wanted are still on the board so how the hell can i call Leatherwood a reach? goes to show how much i know lmaoย 

hahaha same here JOK and Moehrig?

1 minute ago, Totty said:

So, you're one of the more logical posters here. ย If Leatherwood balls out. ย Pro bowls and all... Do you still feel the same way?ย 

I highly doubt Leatherwood panningย out would would change anyย way I feel about Gruden and Mayock. They most definitelyย have not earned that benefit of the doubt. It's well documented they've consistently reached and with the amount of resources and FRP's we've had, we should be much better than what we are now.ย 

I'd like Gruden purely as a HC or love him just as an OC. Mayock as a scout could be fun. Howeverย the fact Gruden has complete authority is such a blatant issue. He has the same sway as Belichick and that's completely insane. Mayock quite clearly is in over his head. Gruden stepping out of the booth made some sense as he at least had experience and success before in that role. Mayock on the other hand was given the job in the most wild of ways.

If Leatherwood turns into a complete stud, I would be absolutely thrilled. However we'd need a lot more of Mayock's picks to excel as well in order for me to be content with him as GM.

• Like 1

The reported friction in the FO is no surprise. I said Mayock would be the fall guy this offseason after another failed season. Maybe Mayock has had enough already.ย 

They can say G and M are on the same page, but I don't buy it. Mayock is towing the company line.ย 

This whole thing has been a disaster. Maybe finally coming to a head.

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Iโ€™m in the same boat ๐Ÿ˜‚ lot in denial or have over inflated ego.ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The reported friction in the FO is no surprise. I said Mayock would be the fall guy this offseason after another failed season. Maybe Mayock has had enough already.ย 

They can say G and M are on the same page, but I don't buy it. Mayock is towing the company line.ย 

This whole thing has been a disaster. Maybe finally coming to a head.

We can't blame Mayock for accepting the job of GM as it wasย an incredible opportunity. But he shouldn'tย all of a sudden be surprised Gruden has final say and will take his guy at the end of the day.ย 

We all dump on Gruden hard but Mayock deserves some blame as well. He's not innocent in this mess.

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I highly doubt Leatherwood panningย out would would change anyย way I feel about Gruden and Mayock. They most definitelyย have not earned that benefit of the doubt. It's well documented they've consistently reached and with the amount of resources and FRP's we've had, we should be much better than what we are now.ย 

I'd like Gruden purely as a HC or love him just as an OC. Mayock as a scout could be fun. Howeverย the fact Gruden has complete authority is such a blatant issue. He has the same sway as Belichick and that's completely insane. Mayock quite clearly is in over his head. Gruden stepping out of the booth made some sense as he at least had experience and success before in that role. Mayock on the other hand was given the job in the most wild of ways.

If Leatherwood turns into a complete stud, I would be absolutely thrilled. However we'd need a lot more of Mayock's picks to excel as well in order for me to be content with him as GM.

Same. They have no plan or direction. At all. And itโ€™s apparent. They draft and hope it sticks. Unlike the Browns and Dolphins who had a clear plan.ย 
ย 

They both need to go, regardless of the Leatherwood pick.ย