🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The Giants got the bears 1st and 4th next year for the Bears to move to #11 to get Fields.

We got the Cardinals 3rd and 5th, iirc, for them to come up to #10 and get Rosen. 🤣

The draft has been a freaking **** show since Gruden has got here. With Reggie, it was awful, too. We literally have the most out of the loop, illogical FO there is when it comes to draft logic and value.

To be fair trade up value isn’t determined solely off of spaces moved up as your post shows as a great example. Fields >>>> Rosen as a draft prospect and that shows in the compensation. It’s not just where are you moving/how far are you coming up, it’s also who are you targeting?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

From Brandon Thorn in Twitter who is consistently cited as one of the better strictly OL scouts in the game. 

Has him rated about where we’ve seen but also says in a later tweet that his upside is legit and much higher than his initial ranking of OT 7 due to it being such a deep class. 

States that his athleticism is not an issue but it is all technique based and correctable...interesting. Could have sworn I heard it was the other way around. Once again, time will tell.

I defer to thorns OL rankings to some extent. He said Miller had a hard to fix false step and Cable fixed it. Can he do the same  and clean up Leatherwood’s technique? We’ll see.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The Giants got the bears 1st and 4th next year for the Bears to move to #11 to get Fields.

We got the Cardinals 3rd and 5th, iirc, for them to come up to #10 and get Rosen. 🤣

The draft has been a freaking **** show since Gruden has got here. With Reggie, it was awful, too. We literally have the most out of the loop, illogical FO there is when it comes to draft logic and value.

We also only moved down to 15. Giants slide all the way to 20. 

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

you could have multiple people with OT1 celing

You still have to rank the ceilings, though. I suppose you could say they all have OT1 ceiling, but that’s a bit lazy. 

For example, here are my QB Floors and Ceilings

Floors:

1) Lawrence

gap

2) Fields

3) Wilson

4) Lance

Ceilings:

1) Lance

2) Wilson

3) Lawrence

4) Fields

Does it mean Lawrence can’t be the best QB of the draft? No. But if they both reached their full 100% potential, Lance is better. 

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Welp, it’s his third year. Time to judge after this season. And “sneaking” into the playoffs while facing the NFC East won’t exactly be success. 

I see zero point in firing Mayock because if the power arrangement is the same it is just swapping out stalking horses/yes men for Gruden who is the real GM no matter the signage on the office doors.

If I had to keep one and lose two of Gruden, Carr, and Mayock I think I'd gamble on Mike and dump the other two. Probably Mayock is dicey at best too but he is the one with some upside if any of them do.

Preferably drop all three and make this rebuild legitimate! 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If there’s ever a year to make the playoffs, it’s this year against the NFCE. 

Instead, they will go 8-9 and continue to disappoint. 

Even if we did string together a wildcard berth, this is not a consistent franchise/management, and will not consistently make the playoffs or ever win the division. 

If we can't make the playoffs, there needs to be serious change.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

good. he's been a disgrace. legit makes me miss McKenzie

How so? It's Gruden ultimately making the picks, it's reasonable to assume if Mayock is upset then he's upset because of lack of influence isn't it? It looks to me like Mayock has more influence later in the draft and he's done some nice work there. 

50 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You still have to rank the ceilings, though. I suppose you could say they all have OT1 ceiling, but that’s a bit lazy. 

For example, here are my QB Floors and Ceilings

Floors:

1) Lawrence

gap

2) Fields

3) Wilson

4) Lance

Ceilings:

1) Lance

2) Wilson

3) Lawrence

4) Fields

Does it mean Lawrence can’t be the best QB of the draft? No. But if they both reached their full 100% potential, Lance is better. 

i dont think anybody does that though... but you make your calls within your expected range of outcomes. like theoretically its possible that Trevor Lawrence has a worse career than Kellen Mond but nobody is going to say his floor is lower.

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

How so? It's Gruden ultimately making the picks, it's reasonable to assume if Mayock is upset then he's upset because of lack of influence isn't it? It looks to me like Mayock has more influence later in the draft and he's done some nice work there. 

Nah, let’s not excuse Mike of any guilt here. It’s a three way ****show in the 1st with Gruden, Mayock, and Cable all being morons. All three need to go. 2nd-7th is them letting the scouting department do their thing.