šŸˆ Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Phase 1- surprise disappointmentĀ 

phase 2- watch tape to see if I missed something/ convince myself itā€™s really a good pickĀ 

phase 2 not going wellĀ 

has he played rt at bama ?

From what I have read he has only played LT and RG.Ā  So we have 3 players with RT experience all playing other positions and a rookie who did not play it in college penciled in as the starter as of right now.Ā  All because Cable says he has specific measurables and therefore should be able to play it.Ā  Good, James, and Miller have all played RT at a respectable or higher level in college or the pros.Ā  We have starting someone with no experience and his back up has already shown he is horrible on that side.Ā  Makes a lot of sense.Ā  Everyone wants to praise Cable for hitting on Miller but ignore all the other players he either screwed up or at least hindered their ability.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

From what I have read he has only played LT and RG.Ā  So we have 3 players with RT experience all playing other positions and a rookie who did not play it in college penciled in as the starter as of right now.Ā  All because Cable says he has specific measurables and therefore should be able to play it.Ā  Good, James, and Miller have all played RT at a respectable or higher level in college or the pros.Ā  We have starting someone with no experience and his back up has already shown he is horrible on that side.Ā  Makes a lot of sense.Ā  Everyone wants to praise Cable for hitting on Miller but ignore all the other players he either screwed up or at least hindered their ability.

Ahhh so since he played rg ā€œokā€ and lt ā€œokā€ f/oĀ thinksĀ that he can be a first round type quality rt for us....

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ahhh so since he played rg ā€œokā€ and lt ā€œokā€ f/oĀ thinksĀ that he can be a first round type quality rt for us....

Just like Penn and Parker can play RT because they were LTs.Ā  Instead of getting a RT to play RT.Ā  The only way this makes sense to me is if they are not 100% sure about Incognito and we are going to get an actual RT in the 2nd or 3rd.Ā  Then you move Good to LG, Leatherwood to RG (where most think he will find the most success), and Jenkins/Brown/Eichenberg to play RT.Ā  We need defense but if we still need o-line help I get it.

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Just like Penn and Parker can play RT because they were LTs.Ā  Instead of getting a RT to play RT.Ā  The only way this makes sense to me is if they are not 100% sure about Incognito and we are going to get an actual RT in the 2nd or 3rd.Ā  Then you move Good to LG, Leatherwood to RG (where most think he will find the most success), and Jenkins/Brown/Eichenberg to play RT.Ā  We need defense but if we still need o-line help I get it.

Imo he looks his best at rg. Lt he was ok and rt is unknown. His film isnā€™t even really dominantĀ 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

a lot of LoTs in college move to the right side in the pros, idk why y'all act like this is something new.

Yes players do change positions but you can not just assume a player can.Ā  Cable has failed a lot at moving players around.Ā  I do not understand many of the small details that go into figuring this out but Cable has not done a good job of it.Ā  This makes me think that he does not consider this or is to stubborn to admit he was wrong.Ā  That fact that people were still talking about Parker being a RT is ridiculous.Ā  When the line was failing in 2018 there was zero effort put into making it work.Ā  They just kept banging their heads up against the wall hoping to have a breakthrough.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Yes players do change positions but you can not just assume a player can.Ā  Cable has failed a lot at moving players around.Ā  I do not understand many of the small details that go into figuring this out but Cable has not done a good job of it.Ā  This makes me think that he does not consider this or is to stubborn to admit he was wrong.Ā  That fact that people were still talking about Parker being a RT is ridiculous.Ā  When the line was failing in 2018 there was zero effort put into making it work.Ā  They just kept banging their heads up against the wall hoping to have a breakthrough.

he seems to have all the necessary tools, and Cable obviously likes him. Im gonna wait and see how it plays out.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

he seems to have all the necessary tools, and Cable obviously likes him. Im gonna wait and see how it plays out.Ā 

that is my point about Cable.Ā  People keep giving him the benefit of the doubt even though he is wrong most of the time.Ā  He values measurables to much.Ā  He got Miller right but I do not think many questioned his ability to play LT.Ā  He showed in college he could but given the circumstances it made more sense to put Miller at RT, where I believe he was a better player, and leave your pro bowl LT at LT.Ā  Also leaving Parker behind Penn to learn for a year would have made more sense.Ā  In my opinion Parker at LT and MIller at RT with a 2021 1st is better for the team than Miller at Lt Leatherwood at RT and Parke as a swing T.Ā  I could be completely wrong but from what we have seen in games I am correct right now.Ā  I still do not understand moving a 12 year 3 time pro bowl LT to RT.Ā  Made no sense.Ā  Ā With the exception of Miller what has Cable done?

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

that is my point about Cable.Ā  People keep giving him the benefit of the doubt even though he is wrong most of the time.Ā  He values measurables to much.Ā  He got Miller right but I do not think many questioned his ability to play LT.Ā  He showed in college he could but given the circumstances it made more sense to put Miller at RT, where I believe he was a better player, and leave your pro bowl LT at LT.Ā  Also leaving Parker behind Penn to learn for a year would have made more sense.Ā  In my opinion Parker at LT and MIller at RT with a 2021 1st is better for the team than Miller at Lt Leatherwood at RT and Parke as a swing T.Ā  I could be completely wrong but from what we have seen in games I am correct right now.Ā  I still do not understand moving a 12 year 3 time pro bowl LT to RT.Ā  Made no sense.Ā  Ā With the exception of Miller what has Cable done?

I think a key thing with when we judge cable for Brandon Parker is how no one remembers that the plan was for Parker to actually not play for the entire rookie season but then Donald PennĀ got hurt which made Brandon Parker come out quicker than he should've. A few months ago Tom cable mentioned that he wasn't strong enough yeah to start at tackle in the NFL as a rookie. It's also worth noting that there's a difference between drafting somebody in the first round you think is talented and drafting someone in the third round you think is talented.Ā 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Wait people are brining Penn into this lol Parker just sucked its that simple. Parker wouldn't be this great player at LT. They missed on that pick based on talent not because they moved him to RT.

Yes I am.Ā  Penn had played LT in the league for 12 years and was a pro bowler in 2016 and 2017.Ā  Why not move him to RT where it was clear he was lost and you have a rookie who easily played his best ball at RT playing on the left.Ā  Parker looked good at LT and hot garbage on the right.Ā  Do you think the coaches could not see this in practice.Ā  Ā Meanwhile we were getting Carr killed after having back to back years with serious injuries that clearly made him gun shy.Ā  So yes Cable ruined the O in 2018 and set us back a 2 years while we waited to see if Carr could get his head on straight.Ā  If Miller goes down this year you will see that Parker is just fine at LT.Ā  Knowing Cable he will move Leatherwood to LT and Parker to RT.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I get what you're saying. I just think they viewed Miller as the long term LT and put him there right away, instead of messing with him so much early in his career, which I agree with.Ā 

As far as Leatherwood, do you see anything that will prohibit him from being successful at RT?

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I think a key thing with when we judge cable for Brandon Parker is how no one remembers that the plan was for Parker to actually not play for the entire rookie season but then Donald PennĀ got hurt which made Brandon Parker come out quicker than he should've. A few months ago Tom cable mentioned that he wasn't strong enough yeah to start at tackle in the NFL as a rookie. It's also worth noting that there's a difference between drafting somebody in the first round you think is talented and drafting someone in the third round you think is talented.Ā 

It is true that Parker was not suppose to start in 2018 but it was not strength that handicapped him.Ā  Both him and Penn had 2 left feet out there.Ā  Our best RT in 2018 was Miller.Ā  Him and Sharpe were the only 2 guys that should have beenĀ  out there.Ā  Cable blaming his strength just shows he was looking for excuses.Ā  DEs were just running by Parker.