🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If you thought kolt had a rough rookie year just wait. I feel bad for carr. Leatherwood is a turnstile. Hope I’m wrong 

After having a day to kind of sit and contemplate it this pick comes down to how every individual views tom cable. If you see what he did with Kolton Miller and you trust him then the leather would pick us a good pick because it’s just him getting his guy. If you see what he did with Kolton Miller as a fluke that would never happen again then this is going to seem like a very bad pick. It’s really that simple

8 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

After having a day to kind of sit and contemplate it this pick comes down to how every individual views tom cable. If you see what he did with Kolton Miller and you trust him then the leather would pick us a good pick because it’s just him getting his guy. If you see what he did with Kolton Miller as a fluke that would never happen again then this is going to seem like a very bad pick. It’s really that simple

Kolton barely had better college tape than leatherwood at ot. We have to believe in him cause he’s here now but leatherwood’s tape doesn’t look like first rounder quality. 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Kolton barely had better college tape than leatherwood at ot. We have to believe in him cause he’s here now but leatherwood’s tape doesn’t look like first rounder quality. 

My take on that is in order for anyone to understand this pick you have to trust tom cables ability to develop talent and he gets the ideal player that he wants high. Like if we didn’t have time cable in Colton Miller didn’t do well then I would hate this pick. But after seeing how Colton Miller came along I can’t question it like I would’ve

Some of this axillary stuff that comes out/is tweeted around the draft and the Raiders is funny. You guys ever think reporters tweet a little more generously with the Raiders just because almost everything is slightly believable? There’s a lot of stuff out there that is reported but never materializes. 

I thought heads were guaranteed to role after yesterday? Or is it after today? I though Mayock and Gruden were going to cage match on live TV between rounds 2 and 3?

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Woah um dam 🤷🏾‍♂️ Seriously 

See that’s the thing: after analyzing the pick I came to the conclusion that he doesn’t take the backseat to any tackle athletically in the draft(very similar to Colton Miller). Tom cable believes that he can mold him.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

My take on that is in order for anyone to understand this pick you have to trust tom cables ability to develop talent and he gets the ideal player that he wants high. Like if we didn’t have time cable in Colton Miller didn’t do well then I would hate this pick. But after seeing how Colton Miller came along I can’t question it like I would’ve

Yea just poor carr cause leatherwood having a rough rookie year means carr won’t be comfortable next year. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

See that’s the thing: after analyzing the pick I came to the conclusion that he doesn’t take the backseat to any tackle athletically in the draft(very similar to Colton Miller). Tom cable believes that he can mold him.

And he did produce for multiple years in the SEC against top competition. Yes they’re were lapses but he also had more meaningful and positive snaps against top flight competition than any tackle in the draft. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Neither Sewell or Slater played last season.

This seems similar to when Kelechi Osemele brought up how Tom cable told him that Colton Miller was the number two player on the entire draft board outside of Quinton Nelson

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Kolton was different he was actually at cable lineman camp plus iirc the ot class wasn’t as good as it was on Thursday. I don’t even think kolton is a top 10 ot in this league. Maybe 12-15 range which isn’t bad. Leatherwood interview wasn’t the best either to me. 

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Kolton was different he was actually at cable lineman camp plus iirc the ot class wasn’t as good as it was on Thursday. I don’t even think kolton is a top 10 ot in this league. Maybe 12-15 range which isn’t bad. Leatherwood interview wasn’t the best either to me. 

Miller gave up two sacks last year. I don’t know where you rank that. 

8 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Miller is One of the better left tackles in the NFL

I have not criticized how good Miller is.  I just believe he would be much better at RT and if that frees up Parker to play on the left we upgrade overall.  Parker can be a starter on the left and Miller is easily a pro bowler on the right.  Right now we have a top ten LT and a bunch of question marks on the right.  To go back to the original argument of 2018 I think Miller is still not as good as Penn was in 2016 and 2017.