Jump to content

🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🤦🏽‍♂️Then try to convince us that we’re stupid for listening to media say we’re reaching...like we’re blind

How Mayock and Gruden view themselves with their egos and “smartest guy in the room” mentality:

- Mayock/Gruden

 

 

 

 

- 31 other teams

- Media

- Fans

 

How 31 other teams view Mayock and Gruden:

- 31 other teams

 

 

 

- Media

- Fans

 

 

 

- Mayock and Gruden

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

How Mayock and Gruden view themselves with their egos and “smartest guy in the room” mentality:

- Mayock/Gruden

 

 

 

 

- 31 other teams

- Media

- Fans

 

How 31 other teams view Mayock and Gruden:

- 31 other teams

 

 

 

- Media

- Fans

 

 

 

- Mayock and Gruden

🎯🎯🤦🏽‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🎯🎯🤦🏽‍♂️

Not looking forward to watching your boy Bolton on the Chiefs. Imo Chiefs got the two biggest grinders in the draft in Bolton and Humphrey. Both are gonna be very good. Would not be shocked if Humphrey becomes a Top 5 Center.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BayRaider said:

Not looking forward to watching your boy Bolton on the Chiefs. Imo Chiefs got the two biggest grinders in the draft in Bolton and Humphrey. Both are gonna be very good. Would not be shocked if Humphrey becomes a Top 5 Center.

They took the safety I wanted too thornhill 🤦🏽‍♂️. Kc got some doggs in the middle now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

As a player, I'm just not seeing a top-level right tackle prospect worth the 17th overall pick--especially when other players (at both tackle and other positions) were available at 17. It was basically a dream scenario for the Raiders and they botched it just like they did with Ferrell.

Leatherwood is highly refined, I do not see much more room for improvement besides NFL strength training (which he basically got at Alabama). Athletically, the pro day numbers do not match up what I saw. He has a stiff lower body and he's doing to struggle with pass rushers have a two-way go. He also doesn't have strong or heavy hands. Ojulari was able to swipe his hands right off of him. Perhaps worst off all is I've seen him pancaked more than once on a bullrush. Bullrushes in colleege don't happen that often but they do in the NFL--it's probably the best pass rush move in today's quick-passing NFL. I have seen Leatherwood pancaked twice (once against a linebacker). Lastly, his senior bowl performance was woeful, and highlighted all the issues I wrote about above.

I really believe if he didn't wear that Crimson lid, he wouldn't have touched the first two rounds. He has that Alabama sheen that makes people believe he's better than he is. This look like a mid first round pick to you? 

 

I do believe there may be some merit to him not being as good an athlete as his numbers say he is. I believe the pro day numbers are inflated for a lot of players with no combine to validate. But, I think some of the concerns you listed will be mitigated by putting him at RT. Also, him getting stronger will go a long way, see Kolton Miller. I dont buy him being maxed out just because he went to Alabama, he has some issues that can be coached up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

do people think its a coincidence that the raiders drafts tend to be graded poorly, and we have a horrible rate of players who ever make it back on a second contract?

or that the one draft that we were widely praised for, 2014, has been our best draft of the last 40 years or so?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we stop using kolt as an example iirc he played his last year at UCLA at lt then became our lt. He didn’t have to learn a new position rookie year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He didn’t have to learn a new position rookie year. 

He sure had to learn how to play it well though. That rookie season was so freaking bad haha. 

How would people compare Miller's final year at college LT vs. Leathweoods final year at college at LT? Taking into consideration level of competition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

do people think its a coincidence that the raiders drafts tend to be graded poorly, and we have a horrible rate of players who ever make it back on a second contract?

or that the one draft that we were widely praised for, 2014, has been our best draft of the last 40 years or so?

this is Mayocks 3rd draft though

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

this is Mayocks 3rd draft though

3 is standard for how many GM’s get without success before being fired. 0 for 2 so far. Let’s see what happens with this one.

Edited by BayRaider
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

3 is standard for how many GM’s get without success before being fired. 0 for 2 so far. Let’s see what happens with this one.

I wouldn't say he is 0 for 2, his first draft netted, Jacobs, Renfrow, Moreau and Mullen. Cle and Abram are looking like reaches at the moment. But, overall id say that's a solid class. Still too early for last years class considering covid and all.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I wouldn't say he is 0 for 2, his first draft netted, Jacobs, Renfrow, Moreau and Mullen. Cle and Abram are looking like reaches at the moment. But, overall id say that's a solid class. Still too early for last years class considering covid and all.

Hmmm

- Jacobs averaged under 4 ypc last year and was not even a Top 20 RB

- Renfrow is an average slot WR, and I absolutely love cheering for the guy

- Moreau is a TE2, although a good one

- Mullen looked quite strong last year the first half of the season, but the final seven games (Chiefs, Falcons, Jets, Colts, Chargers, Dolphins, Broncos), he looked like total trash. Complete trash. Jury still out on him. Although he's looking like a CB2 at this point, and an Average CB2. 

Edited by BayRaider
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He sure had to learn how to play it well though. That rookie season was so freaking bad haha. 

How would people compare Miller's final year at college LT vs. Leathweoods final year at college at LT? Taking into consideration level of competition. 

Good freaking question...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Do you trust Paul Guenther more or Tom Cable more? That's what it comes down to.

Look if Cable is so good then he should be able to coach up top talent like Darrishaw, Jenkins, Eisenberg, Little, and even still Leatherwood who all could have been had with a trade down while gaining 3rd and 4th round picks. And honestly Cable should have had 2 or 3 options he liked,  so they could work the draft instead of acting like this guy was the only good OT on the board. Even worst Mayock claimed he could have made a trade but that team wanted an OT, if that's true I'm willing to bet said team was going to grab Darrishaw and not Leatherwood lol.

Re posted for some reason

Edited by raidr4life
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note Gruden since has been here the media heads had us taking these guys with our top pick..

2018- Darwin James, BPA

2019- Josh Allen, BPA

2020- CeeDee Lamb, Top WR

2021- Not sure since I didn't watch the talking heads this year, but I know it wasn't Leatherwood. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...