🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Very Average RT. Pro Bowl Guard if you put him there. 

Wonder if the plan is to start him at RG, move him to LG when Incognito is done, and let Good and Parker battle it out for RT. The value is bad (would have preferred JOK), much too early for an RG with bigger needs and better players available, but he could end up being better than Darrisaw when it's all said and done. Definitely wouldn't have been my first (or second) choice, but I don't hate this selection as much as I thought I would.

I expect Leatherwood to be a solid RT as a rookie and maybe moved to G later  if we get another T in the 3rd like Brown. Grudock doesn't like risk until 3rd round so...Trade down value must have sucked because Darrisaw  has better value buy Leatherwood can play anywhere but C. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You guys think this is over????

We’re gonna draft Milton Williams at 48 tomorrow with Jevon Holland on the board. 

I’m not joking. 

I love how some people are taking about his PLAYER X is on the board still and could make it to us in round 2... thereby salvaging the draft.

what has Mayock ever done to make us believe he’s gonna get value?  JOK could be there at 48 and we’d take Milton Williams.

even if a JOK , Baremore, Moehrig is the pick at 48 this is still a bad draft because we massively reached at 17.

we should have traded down and gotten a ton of picks if we really believed Leatherwood was the guy for us.  Year in and year out we lose around what if guesstimate off the top of my head as a 2nd and 4th round pick by reaching.  Essentially we’re giving away our 2nd and 4th for nothing.  You can’t build a team drafting like that year in and year out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I envy your optimism. Was he the 17th best player in the draft? That's my biggest issue. I don't think he was.

If we really wanted him, we could have traded up to 38-40 in the 2nd and got him. 

There is no defending this. Anyone trying is a clear homer and should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's not his fault. Genuinely rooting for the kid. I just hate this front office.

I’ll come around and root for him, but if I was Mark Davis, I fire Gruden and Mayock before the season even starts. Dead serious. We aren’t goinf anywhere with those two. 

Just now, true2form said:

Solid player who fills an immediate need.  That’s all I can muster anymore. 

That's where I am at. He's a Raider now so I'll cheer for him like no other. I hope Cable grooms him into a high-end RT, or at worst G. It was a need, he has all the athleticism in the world. Let's mold him into a beast and have our bookends for the next decade.

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’ll come around and root for him, but if I was Mark Davis, I fire Gruden and Mayock before the season even starts. Dead serious. We aren’t goinf anywhere with those two. 

pretty sure I saw Mark right there in the War room, so at the least he was ok with it at the time. 
he isnt firing any of them before the season. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I give them this season. I think that's more than fair. After that, if they don't deliver, they both better be outta here.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Gotta say Mark didn't look excited sitting there in the war room after the pick was announced...

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

That's where I am at. He's a Raider now so I'll cheer for him like no other. I hope Cable grooms him into a high-end RT, or at worst G. It was a need, he has all the athleticism in the world. Let's mold him into a beast and have our bookends for the next decade.

This is my hope. I eviscerated the Kolton Miller pick and it turned out I was wrong. I wanted McGlinchey over him and OL is my worst evaluation so I'll hope I'm wrong again.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I give them this season. I think that's more than fair. After that, if they don't deliver, they both better be outta here.

We've had 6 first round picks and have one of the least talented rosters in the league. This is what happens when you give two TV analysts full control over personnel decisions. 

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I envy your optimism. Was he the 17th best player in the draft? That's my biggest issue. I don't think he was.

Absolutely not but he was the guy they wanted who probably wouldn't have been there in the 2nd so they got their guy. This isn't me endorsing their decision but instead just noting their philosophy. I liked other people as well but Leatherwood is a good player.