šŸˆ Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

17 top 3 round picks is 100% a golden opportunity.Ā 

How we managed so little in terms of proven talent for the long haul is just...sad

Yep, 17 top 3 round picks and one single Pro Bowl between them over three years, even then that was Jacobs and he hasn't been near that player since with injuries and lack of continuity.

16 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, 17 top 3 round picks and one single Pro Bowl between them over three years, even then that was Jacobs and he hasn't been near that player since with injuries and lack of continuity.

Jacobs is starting to border not being a good pick anyway.Ā 

Nothing against him, but at some point a spade has to be called a spade. He's a decent to pretty good RB with the giant caveats of IF he's healthy, WHEN he's healthy, and our Run Blocking is very good. Obviously every RB needs run blocking, but Jacobs isn't one to create a whole lot anyway.Ā 

I'd keep him around on a team friendly deal as part of a RB stable, and gladly do so. But unless he magically turns into AP with the ability to work through wear and tear like Eli Manning real quick, he won't have been worth the pick. Once, I could use him to defend the draft (though I wasn't initially enamored with him anyway) as a "well, he offsets Ferrell and Abram"...but anymore, not so much.Ā 

Gruden calls plays like he's scared AND he drafts like he's scared. It's like the decision maker version of Captain Checkdown.

I remember Jon was evenĀ debating picking Jacobs at 4 and told Mike ā€œI better not lose my RBā€. Was a Mayock interview sometime post draft. I honestly think Jacobs would of lasted until Early 2nd Round and we could of traded up from 40. The only time he was mocked in the 1st was Raiders at 24 or 27. I said over and over Ravens are not going RB in the 1st and Eagles would never draft a RB in the 1st. Most mock drafts I made hadĀ Jacobs going 32-39.

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I remember Jon was evenĀ debating picking Jacobs at 4 and told Mike ā€œI better not lose my RBā€. Was a Mayock interview sometime post draft. I honestly think Jacobs would of lasted until Early 2nd Round and we could of traded up from 40. The only time he was mocked in the 1st was Raiders at 24 or 27. I said over and over Ravens are not going RB in the 1st and Eagles would never draft a RB in the 1st. Most mock drafts I hadĀ Jacobs going 32-39.

We would have been better off taking Jacobs at 4 and Sweat at 24 but it shows how out of touch Gruden is.Ā Ā 

Just now, drfrey13 said:

We would have been better off taking Jacobs at 4 and Sweat at 24 but it shows how out of touch Gruden is.Ā Ā 

Jacobs at 4 would of been even dumber than Ferrell at 4, because you likely get Jacobs at pick 27. Ferrell is not lasting until pick 24. We are using hindsight right now but Ferrell would not have made it past the late teens.Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I usually just do a single one per year or do the big board or me v Mayock thread. I used to be involved in the FF complete mock draft thingy, that was fun a few years back šŸ˜€

Havta be on the lookout I know I was a big tj watt guy too.Ā 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Jacobs at 4 would of been even dumber than Ferrell at 4, because you likely get Jacobs at pick 27. Ferrell is not lasting until pick 24. We are using hindsight right now but Ferrell would not have made it past the late teens.Ā 

If you think about it though, if you hit does it really matter? Sweat would have been a hit so even if critics panned it, it wouldĀ have been a better draft for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you think about it though, if you hit does it really matter? Sweat would have been a hit so even if critics panned it, it wouldĀ have been a better draft for us.

Why not White at 4, Sweat at 24, and Jacobs at 27? Or keep Abram at 27, and Mullen at 40. I was one of the only people in this group that didnā€™t really want a RB before the 3rd Round.Ā 

22 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Brian Burns should've been the pick, dude was in like the 99th percentile for edge players and was super productive in college.Ā 

• Like 2

so Leatherwood is now a guard. SMH..... the saga of wasted picks continue... our team could be so much better but we can't draftĀ 

how did the team pass on AJ Brown, DK........CRAZY to ME. Reached on Ferrell..... leatherwood already switching positions. Arnette is a 25 year old man who can't hang. He is BBQ chicken. so much wasted draft valueĀ 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Brian Burns should've been the pick, dude was in like the 99th percentile for edge players and was super productive in college.Ā 

i agree.. i liked burns and Devin white. didn't mind sweat either.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Right. This is what Iā€™ve been saying for months. Where have you been at? This is the point Iā€™ve been trying to make. If a player hits who gives a crap what everyone else thought.Ā 
Ā 

that said I feel like because this is the Leatherwood thread I have to reiterate that if Leatherwood hits a guard it wouldnā€™t be the same thing because guard is not really a first round position in my opinion. Right tackle is and the fact that we would need a right tackle afterwards after supposedly drafting one would be problematic for multiple reasons

The best case scenarios areā€¦

1. Somehow Brandon Parker somehow pans out in the air for as a right tackle that weā€™ve been needing

2. Leatherwood pans out after a year of getting his legs under him at guard

• Like 1