🏈 Pick #17 is in: OL, Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

Leatherwood arrives in the NFL with potential four-position versatility. He has the reach of an octopus with a 85 3/8-inch wingspan (98th percentile), and proved at his pro day workout to be an exceptional athlete, with a 34.5-inch vertical leap (98th percentile), 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump (99th percentile) and 4.96 40-yard dash (94th percentile). That placed him among the top-10 most athletic OTs to enter the NFL since 1987 in Kent Lee Platte’s RAS system.

• Like 1

Our OLine draftees have all played very very well. I'm willing to bet this is the one area we can coach up a player to play at the level of his draft pick. Sad to say, I'm not confident we could coach a mid first rounder up to his expected level of play vs draft position at other spots (CB, S, etc)....see the last few years as examples. But OLine, we can coach those guys. I'm sure in 2 years we'll look back and say, yea, he's playing comparable worth to a lower mid first rounder.

• Like 2

Just now, NickButera said:

Our OLine draftees have all played very very well. I'm willing to bet this is the one area we can coach up a player to play at the level of his draft pick. Sad to say, I'm not confident we could coach a mid first rounder up to his expected level of play vs draft position at other spots (CB, S, etc)....see the last few years as examples. But OLine, we can coach those guys. I'm sure in 2 years we'll look back and say, yea, he's playing comparable worth to a lower mid first rounder.

All of them except parker yes. That includes simpson.