49ers select Trey Lance, son of former 49er great "Trey Lance's Dad" at #3

Oh boy, Jimmy on the KJZ show tomorrow lol.

This is a man that NEVER does any radio hits, so this has to be something his agent told him to do. Will be interesting to see what he has to say about all this....And Kyle's comments about him being on the team....As long as he is not dead 😂.

I was reading this on a drafttracker, and frankly, it's hard to disagree with. 

That said, if you move up like that, sure, do it for a smart and physically gifted player. I preferred Lance and Wilson over Fields or McCorkle. I'd like to say I have great respect for what Shanny can do with a QB, but that smacks of contradiction in why he needed to give up so much to get a specific QB. :/ 

Trey Lance QB, NDST

Height: 6-4, Weight: 226

I just don’t see trading up with two first-round picks as the price to get a guy who is raw and needs time. Lance has skills, but he will need time. (Pete Prisco)

weird that it didn't quote right... rusty oldman

I just don’t see trading up with two first-round picks as the price to get a guy who is raw and needs time. Lance has skills, but he will need time. (Pete Prisco)

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Who cares if he works out no one will care what we gave up. If he busts then they can kill Kyle and Lynch but I will defend them no matter what. Go for the ceiling. 

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

This is something that may not actually be true. One thing is clear watching him play, he processes things very fast. You can tell he is a field general. 

I understand that the jump from FCS to the NFL is big. I understand that not playing ball in a year can mean there is some rust initially. The speed of the game may be a bit fast for him for a few weeks of camp, but I expect him to shake that off VERY quickly. 

Eric Crocker had a video about this very subject. He thinks Trey was actually the most pro ready QB in the draft because of the system that he ran. You also need to remember that this kid spent a year watching NFL film and working on his mechanics

So I think the narrative of "he is a project who needs to sit for another year" is totally overblown

• Like 1
4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I don't think there was any question he could move. I love that we have this GPS information now. Being able to track on field speed is so invaluable. 

Outside pressure? We did it!!!!!! Looks like from now on we can put pressure on Shanny/Lynch for them to go with what we want!!! At this point, WE run the team!!!!!

Unreal man, UNREAL! Lombardi is also upset as he was reporting 98% of the people around the league think it is Jones and now looks like an idiot for that statement.

Why is this so difficult for some people? Why do these guys take themselves THIS serious?

So because of outside pressure, they are putting their careers on the line for what the media/fans want? Huh? Make it make sense!!!

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I don't think there was any question he could move. I love that we have this GPS information now. Being able to track on field speed is so invaluable. 

The thing I find interesting is that this recorded time doesn't jive with Lance saying he's running around 4.51. If he's running that fast, he's closer to 4.4. I guess when Shanahan said he wants Drew Brees mixed with Lamar Jackson, he really meant it. 

Wow, having trouble admitting they were wrong, huh?! It's one of the greatest draft secrets in NFL Draft history. I love it. I only felt this Jones stuff was wrong the day or 2 before the Draft, but I still didn't know. None of us did. 

Denial is not just a river in Egypt, is it?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Outside pressure? We did it!!!!!! Looks like from now on we can put pressure on Shanny/Lynch for them to go with what we want!!! At this point, WE run the team!!!!!

Unreal man, UNREAL! Lombardi is also upset as he was reporting 98% of the people around the league think it is Jones and now looks like an idiot for that statement.

Why is this so difficult for some people? Why do these guys take themselves THIS serious?

So because of outside pressure, they are putting their careers on the line for what the media/fans want? Huh? Make it make sense!!!

We a movement! 

The national media is so heated at this front office LOL