Jump to content

49ers select Trey Lance, son of former 49er great "Trey Lance's Dad" at #3


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

We a movement! 

The national media is so heated at this front office LOL 

They really don't like to be the butt of the joke. They like that honor to go to the teams they roast on a daily basis. The shoe is on the other foot and they don't like it. It's hypocrisy from the media - shocker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NinerNation21 said:

They really don't like to be the butt of the joke. They like that honor to go to the teams they roast on a daily basis. The shoe is on the other foot and they don't like it. It's hypocrisy from the media - shocker.

The thing that cracks me up is that everyone has now just about acknowledged that shanny / lynch never told anyone during this entire time, yet somehow these people are certain that their sources were right three weeks before? Like, ho does that work? The need to save face is crazy here. 

Honestly, that's why you hedge lol 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Forge said:

We a movement! 

The national media is so heated at this front office LOL 

Lombardi, Simms and especially Florio are super upset. They just can't believe what happened and think for sure there were disagreements and Shanahan was forced to change his mind...How does that even make sense? This was Shanny's call, so why would he feel any pressure to change his pick? He literally runs the show so it's not like he needs Lynch to sign off on any move to make it. Shanny also is not putting his job on the line just because the fans don't like the guy he is picking? So he's going to go with someone he doesn't love just because the fans want that particular player? Like how stupid would that be? 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing that cracks me up is that everyone has now just about acknowledged that shanny / lynch never told anyone during this entire time, yet somehow these people are certain that their sources were right three weeks before? Like, ho does that work? The need to save face is crazy here. 

Honestly, that's why you hedge lol 

This is why I was telling you it was always Lance or Fields!!!! Lol, either you believed they were being secretive and not telling anyone or you didn't. If you believed they weren't talking, even to people in the organization, then the Jones talks never made sense to me. That just seemed like what opposing teams thought and what Simms thought. That is VERY dangerous when you are just going off of opposing teams' opinions and not getting anything concrete from the actual organization making the pick. 

Peter King started to hedge late in the process and flat out admitted he is not sure what they are doing since no one is talking on the team....After defending himself on twitter the following day, he took the high road on his article and actually talked to Kyle on Saturday night. That's how journalism should be done....But Lombardi? He's a complete blowhard and thinks wayyyyy too highly of himself. And he threw out 98% of the league thinks it is Jones and kept going with Jones until the end...He hedged a bit with Lance but never truly believed it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lombardi, Simms and especially Florio are super upset. They just can't believe what happened and think for sure there were disagreements and Shanahan was forced to change his mind...How does that even make sense? This was Shanny's call, so why would he feel any pressure to change his pick? He literally runs the show so it's not like he needs Lynch to sign off on any move to make it. Shanny also is not putting his job on the line just because the fans don't like the guy he is picking? So he's going to go with someone he doesn't love just because the fans want that particular player? Like how stupid would that be? 

 

right? and it was Kyle who sent John the film on Lance. Good Grief folks, move on!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is why I was telling you it was always Lance or Fields!!!! Lol, either you believed they were being secretive and not telling anyone or you didn't. If you believed they weren't talking, even to people in the organization, then the Jones talks never made sense to me. That just seemed like what opposing teams thought and what Simms thought. That is VERY dangerous when you are just going off of opposing teams' opinions and not getting anything concrete from the actual organization making the pick. 

Peter King started to hedge late in the process and flat out admitted he is not sure what they are doing since no one is talking on the team....After defending himself on twitter the following day, he took the high road on his article and actually talked to Kyle on Saturday night. That's how journalism should be done....But Lombardi? He's a complete blowhard and thinks wayyyyy too highly of himself. And he threw out 98% of the league thinks it is Jones and kept going with Jones until the end...He hedged a bit with Lance but never truly believed it. 

 

I think I saw on twitter someone saying that Mike Silver went in on Shanny as well on tv. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Forge said:

 

I think I saw on twitter someone saying that Mike Silver went in on Shanny as well on tv. 

Okay, this is getting ridiculous now 😂.

Like Shanny said, "I didn't know this mattered so much to folks" LOL. 

They truly feel hurt about all of this. Feel betrayed and I expect them to be harsh towards Shanny going forward. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
Outside pressure? We did it!!!!!! Looks like from now on we can put pressure on Shanny/Lynch for them to go with what we want!!! At this point, WE run the team!!!!!

Heh...that guy with his petition had Jed York so shook that we moved off Mac.

Bay area hero!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, this is getting ridiculous now 😂.

Like Shanny said, "I didn't know this mattered so much to folks" LOL. 

They truly feel hurt about all of this. Feel betrayed and I expect them to be harsh towards Shanny going forward. 

okay, I think it was separate. I think Silver was giving the 49ers grief about trying to "take advantage of a friend" or something along those lines, by calling the Packers about Rodgers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Forge said:

okay, I think it was separate. I think Silver was giving the 49ers grief about trying to "take advantage of a friend" or something along those lines, by calling the Packers about Rodgers. 

You can tell we're officially in the dead zone of the NFL offseason. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Forge said:

okay, I think it was separate. I think Silver was giving the 49ers grief about trying to "take advantage of a friend" or something along those lines, by calling the Packers about Rodgers. 

Even that, what the hell are they supposed to do? Taking advantage of a friend? L-O-L, these guys are so pathetic. If Bosa comes out and demands a trade and LaFleur calls Shanny for a trade, would he be taking advantage of a friend as well? When players of Rodgers caliber become available or you think they may become available, of course you call and check in on the situation. 

Pathetic, utterly pathetic. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Props to Allbright who was dead on about this situation aside from maybe two days after drinking the Fields kool aid after his pro day lol.

I've never seen reporters/journalists take missing a pick so hard. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even that, what the hell are they supposed to do? Taking advantage of a friend? L-O-L, these guys are so pathetic. If Bosa comes out and demands a trade and LaFleur calls Shanny for a trade, would he be taking advantage of a friend as well? When players of Rodgers caliber become available or you think they may become available, of course you call and check in on the situation. 

Pathetic, utterly pathetic. 

This is like playing fantasy football and you hear your best friend doesn't want a star player.. What am I supposed to do sit there and not send a trade. Give me a break!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Outside pressure? We did it!!!!!! Looks like from now on we can put pressure on Shanny/Lynch for them to go with what we want!!! At this point, WE run the team!!!!!

Okay, so if we put enough pressure, next season in week 7, fourth quarter, I say go for 2!! We don't know the situation yet, but I say we should go for 2. #weruntheteam #gofor2.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...