49ers select Trey Lance, son of former 49er great "Trey Lance's Dad" at #3

Forge

Okay, so listening to Shanny' presser, he said in January they were starting their evaluations on the rookie QBs. It was clear after Jimmy's injury after Seattle that they were going to get another QB as they just could not rely on Jimmy's health among other things.

So while they were evaluating the QBs, I'm sure Shanny fell in love with Lance's physical tools, the way he operated in that offense, his rawness, dual threat ability etc. But at that point getting a rookie QB was just one option. They were constantly calling around the league shortly after seeing if they could possibly make a move for an upgrade. That's when you started hearing the rumors of the Niners wanting Darnold and Stafford. Shortly after that Watson demanded a trade and that changed everything. They put getting Watson #1 on their agenda and they were going to do everything possible to get Watson, if possible. Of course, those plans quickly changed once the allegations started.

At that point it was going to be rookie or bust. They may have given someone like Darnold a shot, but not for high compensation. And let's be real, I'm sure even they questioned to themselves if he was truly an upgrade over Jimmy. So they went back to studying the QBs and Lance was still Shanny's guy. They started to call teams in the 4-6 range trying to get up in the draft but then something happened....Allbright and others started linking the Falcons and Lance. What did Shanny say during the presser on Monday? They didn't think they would get their guy at #12 and at that point it became clear that if they wanted Lance, they HAD to get to #3 over the Falcons. #1 and #2 picks were all but settled with Lawrence and Wilson

March 26 comes and they make the trade to get to #3. Lance was the big favorite but I'm sure Lynch and the others talked to Shanny and told him to conduct a FAIR evaluation and check out the other candidates, which he agreed to do. A day or two after the trade, the first pro day Shanny attended for one of the top QBs was Mac Jones. But when you go to a pro day for Alabama, it is hardly ever for just one player. Either way, rumors started running RAMPANT that Jones was the QB the team traded up for and it just took off like a wave. Not only that, but Shanny's best friend tweets right after the trade that he thinks it was for Jones.

So what did Simms tweets among other things do? It made those that RIGHTFULLY thought the trade was for someone dynamic like Lance/Fields question themselves and switch to Jones (cough cough Maiocco). The trade caught everyone by surprise so that showed the team was keeping things close to their vest but somehow after the trade EVERYONE knew who the pick was. That just never made any sense to me. What happened there? Teams close to the Niners range started taking educated guesses on who it was and Jones was the one that they picked since he was like the QBs Shanny has coached for majority of his career....However, that COMPLETELY ignored Shanny's comments after the Bills game and how they were going after Watson so hard. Maiocco and others started this BS campaign of Shanny not wanting a dual threat QB as he rather have someone "not divert from the play call" and just run the offense. That is wrong on so many levels and doesn't make any sense. Like why would Shanny NOT want a QB that can make plays if things break down or the defense defends the initial play call well? Anyways, he was far from the only one and I think at that point Shanny/Lynch knew where the conversation was going so they started having people in the organization or those close to these reporters leak out specific quotes about Jones. That's where you started to hear "athletic in the pocket" or "elite processor" lol. That was totally be design to throw everyone for a loop.

On to the presser on Monday. That was a presser for just Lynch but Shanny joined because he knew the types of questions that were going to be asked and knew how slanted the coverage would be towards Jones. To no one's surprise, damn near every question asked was about Jones and why Shanny liked him. That was flat out EMBARRASSING and sort of unprofessional. But anyways, if every question is about Jones, what else is Shanny going to respond about? Somehow that meant the pick was tipped, as if Shanny would do that after being so secretive throughout the entire process. National reporters and beat writers were thinking the pick is Jones, but they were getting a bit frustrated that they couldn't get anything direct from any of the top guys in the organization. That's when they started to question themselves and everyone started to hedge their bet to Lance. Reports started coming that Shanny/Lynch were having disagreements on the pick when that makes NO sense at all since this was going to be Shanny's pick from the start. Lynch/Peters and others would obviously give their opinions but this was going to be the QB Shanny wanted and Lynch I'm sure was onboard with that from the start. 

They conducted a fair evaluation but the signs were always there that was going to be Lance. When Shanny sent over Lance to Beck and damn near personally held his workout, that was the biggest sign of them all. They were very confident he was going to be the pick, but they just wanted a little more assurance. After the pro day and after all the interviews/testing, it was pretty much a lock and they officially made the pick on Friday or over the weekend.

To recap, Jones was NEVER going to be the pick nor was he even truly in contention. You don't make this type of trade up for someone with physical limitations. You make this move for someone that has the potential to be special. That was either Lance or Fields, who I'm guessing finished second in the race. The team baited these reporters the entire time. Then when the Rodgers news came out today, it made it seem like the team was not confident in their decision but all they did was reach out just to check on the situation....Because I mean why wouldn't you? It's Aaron f'n Rodgers! But that was NEVER going to happen as GB wouldn't trade him inside the conference to a stacked roster.

Shame on ALL these beat writers/reporters that were had from the start and were running a campaign that made no sense at all and were disparaging both Lance/Fields. And shame on all the fans that lost faith and thought that Shanny was going to use THREE FIRST ROUNDERS ON A DUDE NAMED MCCORKLE JONES!

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, so listening to Shanny' presser, he said in January they were starting their evaluations on the rookie QBs. It was clear after Jimmy's injury after Seattle that they were going to get another QB as they just could not rely on Jimmy's health among other things.

So while they were evaluating the QBs, I'm sure Shanny fell in love with Lance's physical tools, the way he operated in that offense, his rawness, dual threat ability etc. But at that point getting a rookie QB was just one option. They were constantly calling around the league shortly after seeing if they could possibly make a move for an upgrade. That's when you started hearing the rumors of the Niners wanting Darnold and Stafford. Shortly after that Watson demanded a trade and that changed everything. They put getting Watson #1 on their agenda and they were going to do everything possible to get Watson, if possible. Of course, those plans quickly changed once the allegations started.

At that point it was going to be rookie or bust. They may have given someone like Darnold a shot, but not for high compensation. And let's be real, I'm sure even they questioned to themselves if he was truly an upgrade over Jimmy. So they went back to studying the QBs and Lance was still Shanny's guy. They started to call teams in the 4-6 range trying to get up in the draft but then something happened....Allbright and others started linking the Falcons and Lance. What did Shanny say during the presser on Monday? They didn't think they would get their guy at #12 and at that point it became clear that if they wanted Lance, they HAD to get to #3 over the Falcons. #1 and #2 picks were all but settled with Lawrence and Wilson

March 26 comes and they make the trade to get to #3. Lance was the big favorite but I'm sure Lynch and the others talked to Shanny and told him to conduct a FAIR evaluation and check out the other candidates, which he agreed to do. A day or two after the trade, the first pro day Shanny attended for one of the top QBs was Mac Jones. But when you go to a pro day for Alabama, it is hardly ever for just one player. Either way, rumors started running RAMPANT that Jones was the QB the team traded up for and it just took off like a wave. Not only that, but Shanny's best friend tweets right after the trade that he thinks it was for Jones.

So what did Simms tweets among other things do? It made those that RIGHTFULLY thought the trade was for someone dynamic like Lance/Fields question themselves and switch to Jones (cough cough Maiocco). The trade caught everyone by surprise so that showed the team was keeping things close to their vest but somehow after the trade EVERYONE knew who the pick was. That just never made any sense to me. What happened there? Teams close to the Niners range started taking educated guesses on who it was and Jones was the one that they picked since he was like the QBs Shanny has coached for majority of his career....However, that COMPLETELY ignored Shanny's comments after the Bills game and how they were going after Watson so hard. Maiocco and others started this BS campaign of Shanny not wanting a dual threat QB as he rather have someone "not divert from the play call" and just run the offense. That is wrong on so many levels and doesn't make any sense. Like why would Shanny NOT want a QB that can make plays if things break down or the defense defends the initial play call well? Anyways, he was far from the only one and I think at that point Shanny/Lynch knew where the conversation was going so they started having people in the organization or those close to these reporters leak out specific quotes about Jones. That's where you started to hear "athletic in the pocket" or "elite processor" lol. That was totally be design to throw everyone for a loop.

On to the presser on Monday. That was a presser for just Lynch but Shanny joined because he knew the types of questions that were going to be asked and knew how slanted the coverage would be towards Jones. To no one's surprise, damn near every question asked was about Jones and why Shanny liked him. That was flat out EMBARRASSING and sort of unprofessional. But anyways, if every question is about Jones, what else is Shanny going to respond about? Somehow that meant the pick was tipped, as if Shanny would do that after being so secretive throughout the entire process. National reporters and beat writers were thinking the pick is Jones, but they were getting a bit frustrated that they couldn't get anything direct from any of the top guys in the organization. That's when they started to question themselves and everyone started to hedge their bet to Lance. Reports started coming that Shanny/Lynch were having disagreements on the pick when that makes NO sense at all since this was going to be Shanny's pick from the start. Lynch/Peters and others would obviously give their opinions but this was going to be the QB Shanny wanted and Lynch I'm sure was onboard with that from the start. 

They conducted a fair evaluation but the signs were always there that was going to be Lance. When Shanny sent over Lance to Beck and damn near personally held his workout, that was the biggest sign of them all. They were very confident he was going to be the pick, but they just wanted a little more assurance. After the pro day and after all the interviews/testing, it was pretty much a lock and they officially made the pick on Friday or over the weekend.

To recap, Jones was NEVER going to be the pick nor was he even truly in contention. You don't make this type of trade up for someone with physical limitations. You make this move for someone that has the potential to be special. That was either Lance or Fields, who I'm guessing finished second in the race. The team baited these reporters the entire time. Then when the Rodgers news came out today, it made it seem like the team was not confident in their decision but all they did was reach out just to check on the situation....Because I mean why wouldn't you? It's Aaron f'n Rodgers! But that was NEVER going to happen as GB wouldn't trade him inside the conference to a stacked roster.

Shame on ALL these beat writers/reporters that were had from the start and were running a campaign that made no sense at all and were disparaging both Lance/Fields. And shame on all the fans that lost faith and thought that Shanny was going to use THREE FIRST ROUNDERS ON A DUDE NAMED MCCORKLE JONES!

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

• Like 2

Very happy. He could be a Josh Allen clone. So, when Shanny made those comments about wishing Allen was in the '17 draft, gushing over Allen after he torched us, etc it was all true. I'm so excited to have such a high upside guy who's only turning 21 in May. If this works out, we could have our guy for 15 years. I'm very happy that Shanny & Lynch went for it. Its been far too long since we've had a legit franchise QB. 

Also, the Jimmy G trade market has completely dried up. Can't think of a single team he could fit in with at this point. Unless there's an injury, he'll probably stay here. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Did you come out positive over all? My body doubled down on Lance this morning when he was still positive. 

Yes. Not much. Couple of hundred. The problem was it was a big drop when it fell from +500. Went straight down to +350 and it didn't make a ton of sense to go on what I had with fields

• Like 1

L-O-L, listen to Maiocco in the first minute when he starts talking. "Kyle Shanahan went outside his comfort zone selecting Trey Lance" and then he says they stuck with the current trend of the NFL going with a dynamic QB…. Um yes buddy, that's what they SHOULD have done. And to think this man said Shanahan would just want someone to run his offense and to stick to script since he's "so confident in his play calling" 🙄.

I'll get over this and give Maiocco a pass since he's been so great over the years but this was just all the way bad. Stick to just giving news and not trying to break things down in terms of giving out scouting reports since that's something you have never done before.