49ers select Trey Lance, son of former 49er great "Trey Lance's Dad" at #3

Forge

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GW21 said:

Hopefully he was taking a break when Aiyuk made these grabs.

In a lot of the videos I've seen of Lance this off season, his ball placement is still quite high, so I'm guessing that's him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

In a lot of the videos I've seen of Lance this off season, his ball placement is still quite high, so I'm guessing that's him. 

Yeah. I was being a bit facetious. I’m hoping his accuracy/ball placement improves. Alex Smith had a similar issue when he came in and got it figured out eventually. Trey’s got a big leg up on Alex though as he’s heads and tails above Alex physically, and Shanny is a billion times the coach Nolan was. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

Yeah. I was being a bit facetious. I’m hoping his accuracy/ball placement improves. Alex Smith had a similar issue when he came in and got it figured out eventually. Trey’s got a big leg up on Alex though as he’s heads and tails above Alex physically, and Shanny is a billion times the coach Nolan was. 

Just realized I said head and tails lol. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488623c4vejgd4xoqmlnug

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Curious to hear what they have to say

TLDR: They talked about the mental makeup of the core four of QBs in the NFL right now - Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Lamar - and how all of them are super hard working, genuine guys who are also pretty humble relative to their successes. They said that Trey seems to fit that same mold. 

Then they threw in some shade at Russ by saying that people have accused him of being fake and corny haha 

45 minutes ago, Meow said:

Watching Mac Jones dink and dunk and throw a terrible pick six with a minute left, I'm not unhappy we didn't select him. Belischek clearly doesn't trust him, punting on 4th and 3 near mid field in OT.

To be fair, he came back and threw a bomb to Bourne to retake the lead.

He's exactly who most thought he was. He will win alot of games with his heady play if you surround him with enough pieces. But he isn't physically talented enough to overcome when other parts around him don't hold up. 

He has looked the best of all the rookie QBs, by far. But I expected that honestly. But I don't see him being that much better once the game slows down for him. He'll be better from a timing and anticipatory aspect.  But his lack of arm talent will always put a cap on his effectiveness from the pocket.

• Like 3