49ers select Trey Lance, son of former 49er great "Trey Lance's Dad" at #3

Forge

2 minutes ago, 49ers Finest said:

Im excited. He has the tools, and we have the coach. My body is ready haha

and the work ethic. I try not to get to hung up on that because it's so overused but you have to have a great work ethic to go from being recruited to play a different position to the number 3 pick at the most complicated position in all of sports. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shame on ALL these beat writers/reporters that were had from the start and were running a campaign that made no sense at all and were disparaging both Lance/Fields. And shame on all the fans that lost faith and thought that Shanny was going to use THREE FIRST ROUNDERS ON A DUDE NAMED MCCORKLE JONES!

The beat writer that impressed me the most was David Lombardi. He never wavered on his Lance prediction, didnt join the group think after the monday press conference. He was on the Lance train from day 1 and never changed.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

The mechanics need a little fine tuning, which should improve the accuracy some. He's scary, but a lot to love here. I'm stoked.

Shanny and Lynch have more guts than I do

And there's a reason for that. He hasn't been a guy at top QB camps forever, 7 on 7s, or at high schools that train like DII colleges. He's had like two years around professional football folks. There's less to unlearn. And getting what has got already is impressive.

Just now, JIllg said:

And there's a reason for that. He hasn't been a guy at top QB camps forever, 7 on 7s, or at high schools that train like DII colleges. He's had like two years around professional football folks. There's less to unlearn. And getting what has got already is impressive.

And that's why I wonder if they keep him out (barring injury). They seriously have a blank canvas to work with. Can clean him up, let him focus on creating good habits to make them instinctual. My concern with playing him immediately is that he'd develop bad habits. It's a lot to go from fcs to nfl. 

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I hope Lance is able to sit the entire season. Maybe throw him in week 17. 

Best case scenario - we go 13-3 or better in the first 16 games, lock up the #1 seed. Start Lance week 17 in a impressive game. Trade Jimmy G in the offseason for a 1st, have Lance take over 2022. Similar to Smith/Mahomes in 2017

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

And that's why I wonder if they keep him out (barring injury). They seriously have a blank canvas to work with. Can clean him up, let him focus on creating good habits to make them instinctual. My concern with playing him immediately is that he'd develop bad habits. It's a lot to go from fcs to nfl. 

Right. And my concern wouldn't be mental or processing starting him from day one. I just want him to do the Steve Young thing of repping things a million times and getting a chance to get the muscle memory ready. And I'd like him to start from day one in short yardage and red zone situations. Or at least short yardage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Best case scenario - we go 13-3 or better in the first 16 games, lock up the #1 seed. Start Lance week 17 in a impressive game. Trade Jimmy G in the offseason for a 1st, have Lance take over 2022. Similar to Smith/Mahomes in 2017

Yup that's perfect scenario. 

Also looks like the Broncos guy was Lance. Makes sense why they moved on yesterday to Teddy after Adam Shefter said on Lance.