WR Kadarius Toney selected by Giants 1.20- Placed on covid list

Acgott

26 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm now more concerned with Jason Garrett than Daniel Jones. If Garrett still has us throwing 5 yard curls every play, I'm going to lose my mind. He showed some creativity towards the end of the year, but now we need that in spades. You've got your #1 receiver, Slayton is a fine #2, you've got your Witten-like tight end, and you have Barkley, Engram, and now Toney as weapons. Figure out how to use them. 

It's actually disheartening seeing comments on twitter along the lines of - I like Toney as a prospect, but I don't like him on the Giants with Jason Garrett.  So yea, I agree Garrett and staff need to get more creative or else this offensive talent is a waste.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I'm now more concerned with Jason Garrett than Daniel Jones. If Garrett still has us throwing 5 yard curls every play, I'm going to lose my mind. He showed some creativity towards the end of the year, but now we need that in spades. You've got your #1 receiver, Slayton is a fine #2, you've got your Witten-like tight end, and you have Barkley, Engram, and now Toney as weapons. Figure out how to use them. 

Hopefully Ross stays healthy so they have a guy that can take the top off the defense. Toney in that annoying Cole Beasley role. KG and Slay working the sides, sure handed Rudolph as an outlet. Garrett has a ton of ingredients here...can he cook the meal and deliver

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is he going to start outside? I can't imagine Slayton getting open as an outside WR more than once or twice a game, but Toney could possible develop as an outside WR.

I think we're going to see this kid line up all over the place, much like he did in college.  Pretty sure he'll at the very least be our return man...haha.

Really looking forward to seeing how well he plays for this team.

45 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is he going to start outside? I can't imagine Slayton getting open as an outside WR more than once or twice a game, but Toney could possible develop as an outside WR.

Do you not remember Slayton roasting Ronald Darby against your team just 2 years ago?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Do you not remember Slayton roasting Ronald Darby against your team just 2 years ago?

I remember everyone roasting darby. Success vs Eagles CB's isn't a barometer for success against the 30 other teams.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Hopefully Ross stays healthy so they have a guy that can take the top off the defense. Toney in that annoying Cole Beasley role. KG and Slay working the sides, sure handed Rudolph as an outlet. Garrett has a ton of ingredients here...can he cook the meal and deliver

Shep is more Beasley than Toney is. Toney doesn't have the savvy of Shep, at least not yet. 

There's a huge bust factor here that really all hinges on Garrett. Especially early in his career while Toney is still learning the position (he's only been a wideout for like 3 years), he needs to be moved around a ton. He has the size and athleticism to eventually play outside, especially because I think he will take to route running school very well. That said, his contested catch ability is questionable. We really didn't see him have any opportunities at them in college. Maybe he can win 50-50 balls more often than average, but maybe not. We don't know. Maybe, if his Florida tape is any indication, he won't need to because he just gets open thanks to a combination of his speed and quickness. 

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I remember everyone roasting darby. Success vs Eagles CB's isn't a barometer for success against the 30 other teams.

Slayton's 2019 as a rookie was way more indicative of his actual talent than last year, where Garrett's offense was miserable for most of the year and Slayton was getting WR1 treatment, which included safety help a lot of the time. 

Toney is so close yet seems far away, a mysterious figure who can disappear at any moment. During this encounter, Florida's dynamic playmaker from Mobile, Ala., has just finished practice as the eighth-ranked Gators prepare for Saturday's showdown against fifth-ranked Georgia in Jacksonville.

As his teammates pass by, most of them bigger -- and by the way they are moving, more physically drained from practice -- Toney still has a distinctive bounce in his step. At 6-foot and 190 pounds, Toney is one of those rare players who appears bigger out of pads. He emits a palpable energy when in his presence, a constant blend of motion and movement.

Anyone who has watched Toney play has seen how that vitality translates on the game's green canvas, where he can make the impossible become reality in a blink of an eye.

"KT is, honestly, one of a kind because he does things that regular people can't do,'' Gators tight end Kyle Pitts said.

Gifted Gator: Multi-Talented Kadarius Toney A Rapping Receiver - Florida Gators

• Like 1

E0TjnK3XIAArldg?format=jpg&name=medium

I plugged Kadarius Toney's work out numbers into principal component analysis with WRs from previous 10 years.

The closest comparison - Odell Beckham Jr.

I don't think Giants fans will be upset about that. I'm certainly not.
Edited by Gmen