WR Kadarius Toney selected by Giants 1.20- Placed on covid list

Acgott

This is really well put. I never put Toney and the Giants together. I definitely don't hate it. Definitely don't dislike it. It will definitely take time to form an opinion on. I know very little about Toney outside of his insane highlight reel. I did no homework on him, since he never aligned with the Giants draft positions, until the trade down obviously. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

So we would’ve taken DeVonta Smith/Waddle had they been there at 11?

I feel like we won’t address o-line till mid-late rounds I’m being honest. 

I guess the rumors were true.  I think its dumb for this team to go WR early.  I'm hoping to see a legit investment in our D tomorrow but at the same time wouldn't mind 1 of our picks tomorrow being along the OL

If you haven't seen this kids highlights it's worth the watch.  He's electrifying.  He's got a wicked juke and a explosive burst out the gate.  Should also improve our special teams.  He'll be fun to watch.

Edited by ny92mike

No nothing about this kid. But I love that juke he has. So crisp when he plants that left foot and shifts to the right. I think Philly taking Smith really threw a wrench in our gears. I'm certain the plan was to take Smith. But trading back, picking up a #1 and change and still nabbing a weapon is a good move. No one will be able to use the lack of weapons argument if DJ struggles this year, now just give him some protection and let the man go to work.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

No nothing about this kid. But I love that juke he has. So crisp when he plants that left foot and shifts to the right. I think Philly taking Smith really threw a wrench in our gears. I'm certain the plan was to take Smith. But trading back, picking up a #1 and change and still nabbing a weapon is a good move. No one will be able to use the lack of weapons argument if DJ struggles this year, now just give him some protection and let the man go to work.

I'm now more concerned with Jason Garrett than Daniel Jones. If Garrett still has us throwing 5 yard curls every play, I'm going to lose my mind. He showed some creativity towards the end of the year, but now we need that in spades. You've got your #1 receiver, Slayton is a fine #2, you've got your Witten-like tight end, and you have Barkley, Engram, and now Toney as weapons. Figure out how to use them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Once Waddle was picked, Bears called us about trading, so Giants were already prepping for a potential move. Good work by Gettleman and Abrams not to panic.

• Like 4