Titans Select: 1st Round Pick- Caleb Farley

KingTitan

44 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Between Farley saying we showed the most interest in him of any team and Robinson saying we turned down offers to move back, this seems like one of those legitimate clear top option on our board situations.

robinson basically said as much:

seems like about as clear-cut of a boom-or-bust pick as you can make. great size/speed, incredible fluidity and coverage instincts, produced at a high level when he was on the field. the injury stuff is scary for sure, but sometimes you gotta swing for the fences.

i will say this, though- unless we get lucky with a mid-late rounder, this team will not survive two straight first-round whiffs and still be a contender. so it is a huge risk.

So im lazy. Missed the draft and haven't even looked at highlights But can he play this year? And who is our slot when he does start? Imma dive in later but yeah what even is wrong with his back? I love the risk reward. Big Jeff is a god send.

Also can we pls pls trade up for Moore?  He is a perfect fit for what we have rn. Jones would be amazing but Idk. We would mess it up

Edited by VY-FTW

46 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

So im lazy. Missed the draft and haven't even looked at highlights But can he play this year? And who is our slot when he does start? Imma dive in later but yeah what even is wrong with his back? I love the risk reward. Big Jeff is a god send.

Also can we pls pls trade up for Moore?  He is a perfect fit for what we have rn. Jones would be amazing but Idk. We would mess it up

In his first interview with Titans reporters, he said he would be ready for training camp.

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I love that we now have 4 guys that love to play man

No Jonathan Joseph 20 yards down field crap again 

& when you got guys that can play man you now can use Byard to his strength & let him Roam as a centerfielder 😎 

After all the night, I really am more comfortable with the pick. If Robinson is good with the medicals then I will trust that. He hasn't messed up in that aspect yet. 
But I do think that if this pick fails, then he is really gonna look bad. 

I feel real good about it. 

I’m looking at it this way: if he misses a ton of time, consistently, with injury, it’s a bust.

If he plays, but is never 100 percent the player he was in college, it’s still a solid pick for value.

If he stays healthy most of the time and is the player he looked like in 2019, it’s a huge steal.

Those are pretty good odds.

Assuming he's healthy, how is everyone feeling about our corners heading in to 2021 compared to 2020? I know many were extremely disgruntled after the Butler+Adoree losses (personally I didn't have a problem with it).

2020: Jackson-Butler-Fulton-Joseph-Jackson

2021: Jenkins-Farley-Fulton-Johnson-Jackson

Farley and Fulton are admittedly pretty unknown given their lack of playing time over the past year, but boy is the corner room gushing with some very young talent. I think we're sitting pretty if the injuries iron out.

39 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

After all the night, I really am more comfortable with the pick. If Robinson is good with the medicals then I will trust that. He hasn't messed up in that aspect yet. 
But I do think that if this pick fails, then he is really gonna look bad. 

I feel real good about it. 

The main shock is that we went with a risky pick after last year’s draft. Thought we might play it a little safer. 

Not saying anything crazy here, but I do think this is a great pick if his injury history turns out to be a non-issue. But it's a glaring concern.

If he pans out...we got a player who can be a top-tier CB at 22 overall. Paired w/ Fulton for the long term. Love it. LOVE IT

After last night initial reaction, I'm really warming up to the pick. If healthy (I trust JRob still) this is an incredible pick up. Chris Simms called him a generational talent. I'm ok with that being in our secondary. The speed on this kid vs his size is insane.