With the 25th pick, the Jaguars select Travis Etienne

pwny

Just now, pwny said:

Playmakers.

Something this team has lacked for a long *** time.

Chark, Shenault, Marvin Jones, Etienne, James Robinson...this is how you build it up around a young QB and give him the tools to succeed.

As I've said, I'm not a fan of RB round 1. That gets tossed out the window in our situation. Etienne, especially as a receiver, brings a whole different dimension to this team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Etienne could be used like Kamara and Robinson can still get work. 

Yeah.  I'm not the absolute most thrilled on the value, or the position even.  But there's absolute no reason they can't just run a tandem deal with Robinson and Etienne.  It can work, like Kamara and Ingram was never really a big "problem".  It also gives us two guys who could be a bell cow as insurance.  Our whole offense isn't really contingent on one RB staying healthy, or even continuing to find success in a totally new system.  We've got options now.

I still think OLine would've been the better play...but there's also a really good chance one of the guys they like is still there for our next pick.  Etienne realistically wasn't making it there.

And as much as Etienne wasn't my top back in the draft, Najee was already gone...and Etienne is really the more fitting counterpunch to balance what Robinson offers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Imagine if they draft Elijah Moore at 33.

Lawrence

J-Rob/Etienne

Chark/Shenault/Jones/Moore (slot)

oh my

I'm all for adding to the defense. But yeah, adding playmaker after playmaker isn't going to upset me.

The Bucs’ only need was a receiving back. Etienne was almost assuredly going to be the pick there had we passed him. He wasn’t making it to 33. But all the other targets we likely had did.

• Like 2