With the 26th pick, the Browns select CB Greg Newsome II

zelbell

On 6/8/2021 at 11:55 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’d have to assume he’s not happy about being unsigned.

Could be any number of things. Falling through on a promised endorsement deal. A person he liked at the agency could have left. Someone there could have said something he didn't want to hear from his representative agency. It's impossible to tell, and I doubt he'll ever get into it.

But if it was about signing, he would have fired them after he inked the contract. Because now he either has to wait 5 more days to hire another agent to sign, or sign it without an agent.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

This move to Rosenhaus Sports should not greatly affect Greg signing his initial rookie contract. A second contract? That's where it could get sticky.

CAA the company he was with before was a part of Prescott and his contract issues.

Njoku hasnt made any ways this offseason and Rosenhaus is his agent. I think Njoku and his camp were afraid of what the future was with Hooper and Bryant but Stef did enough to make all 3 happy. Also Drew is Conklin's agent and the Browns were able to workout a pretty good contract for him. He got paid but wasnt massively over paid and he sure as hell earned every penny last year for the team

23 minutes ago, buno67 said:

CAA the company he was with before was a part of Prescott and his contract issues.

Njoku hasnt made any ways this offseason and Rosenhaus is his agent. I think Njoku and his camp were afraid of what the future was with Hooper and Bryant but Stef did enough to make all 3 happy. Also Drew is Conklin's agent and the Browns were able to workout a pretty good contract for him. He got paid but wasnt massively over paid and he sure as hell earned every penny last year for the team

With Drew has screwed us, Pryor walked and we got Kenny britt who was terrible. 

Haden got way over paid too.

53 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Drew is a cancer. I have no idea why he is a thing. He either gets his clients WAY overpaid and the teams hate him or he screws his clients and they hate him.

That being said, I honestly think being a pro athlete agent might be the easiest job on the earth and I want to get into it 

All you do is negotiate money once every few years for your players and it's not hard to get a reasonable amount that they are valued at when you can look at every other player contract out there.

I would be the worlds most average agent and make millions every year.

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

well Britt had a better season than Pryor that year. so maybe it was a good move in the long run.

Joe Haden deserved that contract

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Makes you wonder if Newsome had his eye on Rosenhaus all along but thought having him as his agent pre-draft could scare some teams away. 

why would it scare teams away? I would rather deal with a player who has one of the better, connect agents in the league than someone who has a long time friend or family member being their agent. This Lamar Jackson stuff is going to get interesting when he has his mom negotiating his next contract