With the 26th pick, the Browns select CB Greg Newsome II

zelbell

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Drew is a cancer. I have no idea why he is a thing. He either gets his clients WAY overpaid and the teams hate him or he screws his clients and they hate him

you are describing every big sports agent. 

feel like drew gets confused with Scott Boras who is by far the worst agent to deal with

14 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Drew is a cancer. I have no idea why he is a thing. He either gets his clients WAY overpaid and the teams hate him or he screws his clients and they hate him.

That being said, I honestly think being a pro athlete agent might be the easiest job on the earth and I want to get into it 

All you do is negotiate money once every few years for your players and it's not hard to get a reasonable amount that they are valued at when you can look at every other player contract out there.

I would be the worlds most average agent and make millions every year.

I doubt it would be that easy until you get a very strong reputation. You would have to please athletes, who often times have bizarre egos that need to be padded a lot. 

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

With the rookie cap, agents are not that powerful anymore unless they’re representing a QB / DE / CB.

Teams just let dudes walk now or trade them if they ask for too much.

I'd add offensive tackle. 

Really interested to see Quentin Nelson's contract. I think he will get top tackle money, like 18-20 per year.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, buno67 said:

why would it scare teams away? I would rather deal with a player who has one of the better, connect agents in the league than someone who has a long time friend or family member being their agent. This Lamar Jackson stuff is going to get interesting when he has his mom negotiating his next contract

"Why do you keep telling me I will be the highest paid running back in the league...I want to be paid like the highest paid quarterback in the league"...

....."But you're a running back"

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 12:32 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Drew is a cancer. I have no idea why he is a thing. He either gets his clients WAY overpaid and the teams hate him or he screws his clients and they hate him.

That being said, I honestly think being a pro athlete agent might be the easiest job on the earth and I want to get into it 

All you do is negotiate money once every few years for your players and it's not hard to get a reasonable amount that they are valued at when you can look at every other player contract out there.

I would be the worlds most average agent and make millions every year.

May wanna rewatch Ballers / Arli$$ & Entourage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

"Why do you keep telling me I will be the highest paid running back in the league...I want to be paid like the highest paid quarterback in the league"...

....."But you're a running back"

*quote-reposts in Ravens forum*

I want to

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

But he has an agent with a terrible rep.

yeah he just hired the new agent and his "terrible" rep is over blown. Fans hate him because he doesnt negotiate team friendly deals. He represents the player, not the team. Actually got to meet Drew once when he showed up to Greg Litte kids camp and he was awesome Towards the kids and the dads

• Like 1