Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Packerraymond

Brutal second to last question by some terrible packers writer asking him if taking Jordan Love last year was his version of Ray Lewis going a pick before when Wolf thought he had him and scrambled/picked some terrible guy with the next pick. How on earth can you ask that question. 

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

GB suposedly needed a WR for a top 3 scoring offense.  The narrative will never die.

Why's it a narrative?  We don't have 1 single WR on the roster who's under contract next year.  Our only quality starter is almost 30 and is in line for a 10-12 million dollar per year raise that will likely make him the highest paid WR in NFL history.  If we were going into next year with zero tackles under contract the board would be banging on their keyboard demanding a tackle be taken with the first 4 picks.  I don't understand why some on the board view the WR position in the same light that there view long snapper.  

With Tonyan, Adams, MVS and ESB all being UFA next year I'm not sure there is another team in the league that has more issues with the future of their pass catchers than Green Bay.  The future of the position looks extremely grim.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Why's it a narrative?  We don't have 1 single WR on the roster who's under contract next year.  Our only quality starter is almost 30 and is in line for a 10-12 million dollar per year raise that will likely make him the highest paid WR in NFL history.  If we were going into next year with zero tackles under contract the board would be banging on their keyboard demanding a tackle be taken with the first 4 picks.  I don't understand why some on the board view the WR position in the same light that there view long snapper.  

With Tonyan, Adams, MVS and ESB all being UFA next year I'm not sure there is another team in the league that has more issues with the future of their pass catchers than Green Bay.  The future of the position looks extremely grim.

Actually we are going into this season with 0 OT's for Game 1. So don't get even more hurt when WR waits even longer

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

Please stop using the “highest paid player in NFL history”, that happens every year at almost every position.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, SSG said:

just because they didn't address it in Round 1 doesn't mean they won't address it. Are they prohibited from re-signing players?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SSG said:

The issue is WR isn’t a premier position... every draft we discuss this. Until we get a GM that isn’t from the Ron wolf tree/Ted Thompson tree they aren’t taking RB, WR, TE, IOL, LB in the first.

the most interesting pick is Savage as traditionally S would also be in that group too.

Fact is 2nd round is where those picks will come. So until Brian steps down or gets fired... WR is unlikely in the first. Tomorrow might be the day they get a guy.

17 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

just because they didn't address it in Round 1 doesn't mean they won't address it. Are they prohibited from re-signing players?

To be fair, GB has a super poor record of drafting 2nd round WRs. Could you imagine how good Jordy, Davante, Jennings would have been if they would have been drafted in the 1st? Or Jones/Finley in the 2nd?

• Like 3