Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Packerraymond

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Right. So if their best players had a high YPC why not throw to them more???

maybe they did

i don't trust that source one bit ha. The chosen reported statistics are so meaningless, it makes me extremely skeptical of both their intent and their ability to decipher useful information

Just now, incognito_man said:

maybe they did

i don't trust that source one bit ha. The chosen reported statistics are so meaningless, it makes me extremely skeptical of both their intent and their ability to decipher useful information

That's fine. I dont know the validity. I'm just saying, assuming it's right, those are some fine numbers.

I'm going to watch him vs Alabama later.

15 minutes ago, craig said:

Absolutely, that's why I think a selection of ANY good OL could be helpful.  With the Turner/Jenkins flexibility, a good OL player at any position could strengthen the depth and add quality.  It's a great, flexible situation to be in.   (Obviously I'm not one who thinks we have to draft an OT!  :)  I also think there's a chance that Nijman might be decent, or at least decent enough to plug in during games Bakhti misses early.). 

A good OL selection would be a nice thing.  A good DL selection would be a nice thing.  A good WR would be a nice thing.  A star could be a nice thing.  A playmaking ILB could be a nice thing.  Packers have a bunch of position groups that could benefit from adding a good player.  And where the coaches could put any excellent player to really good use.  The key is that you add somebody who ends up being very good. 

Something along the lines of best value available.  to me, that is a hybrid of vest player + team need in the current and upcoming 1-2 years + positional value factored in.  

Part of why I don't think taking Kyle Pitts at pick 4 is the best move even though he might very well have been the best player available.   Same with Chase, Waddle and Devonta Smith being top 10 selections 

Watched a bunch of Stokes last night and the guy is very sticky in coverage, he just barely if ever got beat. I dont think he's gonna get beat over the top much but the NFL is a different animal. My only concern would be vs the run. He never seems to stick his nose in there as often as you like. He is willing but he will get punished by Running backs. You're never gonna see him stop a guy in his tracks too often. I don't think he's useless tackling but its definitely not one of his strengths.

Overall I like the pick, can't go wrong with his speed married with his press man skills. I've seen people say he's Kevin King 2.0 and I can see that besides the injury history. I would say he's more fluid than King, maybe more natural in man coverage. The question still remains where he ends up? Do they really wanna take Jaire off the boundary to play the star and have Stokes and King be your top 2 outside?  It'll be interesting how this goes come camp.

Instead of cherry picked random stats, I'll give you all the full 2020 numbers. Per PFF

501 snaps; 16 catches allowed on 28 targets; 145 yards allowed; 1 TD / 4 INTs ; 43.6 QBR against

- 20+ yard passes; 5/14 with a 39.6 QBR

- 10-19 yard passes; 5/8 with a 52.6 QBR

- 1-9 yard passes; 2/7 with a 0.0 QBR

1 missed tackle. 439 wide snaps, 26 slot snaps, 34 box snaps, 2 snaps on LOS.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Instead of cherry picked random stats, I'll give you all the full 2020 numbers. Per PFF

501 snaps; 16 catches allowed on 28 targets; 145 yards allowed; 1 TD / 4 INTs ; 43.6 QBR against

And those numbers, in the SEC, with a 4.29 40, got him a 72.5 grade and a 4th round draft grade. Hence why PFF is just a tool and nothing more. Some of their stuff seems adjusted just to spark clicks and debate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

These tell me nothing! What did he eat before those games?! How long did he sleep the night before?! HOW MUCH DID HIS PARENTS WEIGH FFS

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Now these numbers look good. The other numbers were very vague. And can be used to look good or bad depending on how the statistics were presented. This paints a much clearer picture. Although the completion % is still bearing 60% but only being targeted 5% of the snaps shows he must have been in position most of the time  to not even let the attempt happen. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How do those compare to Surtain and Horn?

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

yay, this makes me feel much better than the other tweet