Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Packerraymond

23 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

but I'm not sure who you were watching if you ever thought Rollins showed any kind of promise.  

He didn't play much at all but in his limited snaps his rookie year he did some good things and graded out well and gave people some hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I knew Randall played college safety.  Quinten was the one I was thinking of playing safety, because they tried playing him all over the field cause he sucked no matter where they put him.

Randall did have moments of not completely embarrassing himself(still not enough to warrant not bringing Hayward back), but I'm not sure who you were watching if you ever thought Rollins showed any kind of promise.  

You keep doubling down and you are playing an empty hand. The Packers felt they were loaded with talent at CB and Hayward was down that list. It didn't workout, but the potential was believed to be there by many in the organization. 

Bittersweet problem: Playing time may ebb for Packers rookie corners (jsonline.com)

I can assure everybody who wasn't on here at the time that Casey Hayward was definitely not the most well loved player on the board at the time of him leaving. ESPECIALLY amongst the crowd that couldn't be bothered to spell his name right. That absolutely wasn't a consensus bonehead move according to the posters here at the time. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I can assure everybody who wasn't on here at the time that Casey Hayward was definitely not the most well loved player on the board at the time of him leaving. ESPECIALLY amongst the crowd that couldn't be bothered to spell his name right. That absolutely wasn't a consensus bonehead move according to the posters here at the time. 

Cesey Heywerde

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It was 'Farve' by Packer fans that always got me. If you cannot spell the name of your teams starting QB after a decade with the team, you aren't much of a fan.

That was pretty ridiculous but I sort of understood it at least

1 hour ago, R T said:

You keep doubling down and you are playing an empty hand. The Packers felt they were loaded with talent at CB and Hayward was down that list. It didn't workout, but the potential was believed to be there by many in the organization. 

Bittersweet problem: Playing time may ebb for Packers rookie corners (jsonline.com)

Not doubling down and not playing an empty hand.  They both sucked.

19 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It was 'Farve' by Packer fans that always got me. If you cannot spell the name of your teams starting QB after a decade with the team, you aren't much of a fan.

I remember on another packer fan site there was a thread with "Grean Bay" in the title. Thought it was just a typo but the OP spelled it that way throughout their posts. Like, as a fan how?