Jump to content

Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia


Packerraymond
 Share

Recommended Posts

Eric Stokes

 

Games Pass Coverage Pass Rush Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2021 22 GNB cb 21 9 7 1 50 27 54.0% 347 12.9 6.9 2 81.0 12.3 249 98 0 0 0 0.0 0 31 3 8.8%

 

Jaire Alexander

Games Pass Coverage Pass Rush Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2018 21 GNB LCB 23 13 11 1 91 59 64.8% 818 13.9 9.0 3 100.0 11.0 577 241 11 1 0 0.5 2 66 8 10.8%
2019 22 GNB LCB 23 16 16 2 110 59 53.6% 831 14.1 7.6 5 85.8 11.1 519 312 0 0 0 0.0 0 58 8 12.1%
2020* 23 GNB LCB 23 15 15 1 80 41 51.3% 375 9.1 4.7 2 67.4 9.5 252 123 4 0 0 1.0 1 51 5 8.9%
2021 24 GNB cb 23 4 4 1 22 12 54.5% 131 10.9 6.0 2 83.7 10.9 73 58 1 0 0 0.0 0 13 1 7.1%

 

 

Stokes is off to a really nice start in his career!!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 3:11 PM, squire12 said:

Eric Stokes

 

Games Pass Coverage Pass Rush Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2021 22 GNB cb 21 9 7 1 50 27 54.0% 347 12.9 6.9 2 81.0 12.3 249 98 0 0 0 0.0 0 31 3 8.8%

 

Jaire Alexander

Games Pass Coverage Pass Rush Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2018 21 GNB LCB 23 13 11 1 91 59 64.8% 818 13.9 9.0 3 100.0 11.0 577 241 11 1 0 0.5 2 66 8 10.8%
2019 22 GNB LCB 23 16 16 2 110 59 53.6% 831 14.1 7.6 5 85.8 11.1 519 312 0 0 0 0.0 0 58 8 12.1%
2020* 23 GNB LCB 23 15 15 1 80 41 51.3% 375 9.1 4.7 2 67.4 9.5 252 123 4 0 0 1.0 1 51 5 8.9%
2021 24 GNB cb 23 4 4 1 22 12 54.5% 131 10.9 6.0 2 83.7 10.9 73 58 1 0 0 0.0 0 13 1 7.1%

 

 

Stokes is off to a really nice start in his career!!!

Now look at the rookie season for Damarious Randall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alexander being out has accelerated the development of Stokes. Now, with a few games under his belt, he looks legit. How much did you hear of WR Tyler Lockett last week (and Lockett had 4.33 timed speed) ?

I'm not sure how accurate my next observation is, but I don't see Stokes repeatedly making the same errors either (which is why he is looking better as the season progresses). He was not as ready 'out-of-the-box' as Alexander was, but he isn't at all slow-developing, either. No boxing gloves required.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, spilltray said:

Is it just me or is Stokes playing at a Defensive Rookie of the Year level?

Even seeing his athletic gifts I wouldn't have expected this level of play this year.

Sadly.  It is a one horse race and that horse is Micah Parsons.  That dude is pretty amazing.  His change of direction when going full speed is something that you just don't see too often.

Him playing like he is should not take away what is a very, very good rookie season so far from Stokes.  He's been very good.  I'm not sure that he isn't the best corner to come out of that draft right now.  And his ceiling is scary good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, vegas492 said:

Sadly.  It is a one horse race and that horse is Micah Parsons.  That dude is pretty amazing.  His change of direction when going full speed is something that you just don't see too often.

Him playing like he is should not take away what is a very, very good rookie season so far from Stokes.  He's been very good.  I'm not sure that he isn't the best corner to come out of that draft right now.  And his ceiling is scary good.

Most of what we ever hear about in terms of rookie CB's from the media is about Surtain and the rookie DB from the Cowboys.  Stokes is quietly having a nice rookie year.  That's just fine by me.  Surtain does look good.  The Cowboys got themselves a ball hawk who gives as well as he receives.  To each their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Most of what we ever hear about in terms of rookie CB's from the media is about Surtain and the rookie DB from the Cowboys.  Stokes is quietly having a nice rookie year.  That's just fine by me.  Surtain does look good.  The Cowboys got themselves a ball hawk who gives as well as he receives.  To each their own.

Stokes has had a really nice rookie season, but I want to say the jury is still out as to how good he can be.  Definitely looks like a good #2 corner, but he's been schooled a bit by some top receivers.  A couple knocks .. terrible hands, and he's a bit sketchy playing the ball in the air.  I'd give him a solid B for his performance this year .. he's a good player.  If he can short up those weaknesses the sky is the limit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Stokes has had a really nice rookie season, but I want to say the jury is still out as to how good he can be.  Definitely looks like a good #2 corner, but he's been schooled a bit by some top receivers.  A couple knocks .. terrible hands, and he's a bit sketchy playing the ball in the air.  I'd give him a solid B for his performance this year .. he's a good player.  If he can short up those weaknesses the sky is the limit.

Honestly , I have zero concerns with Stokes. I think he can compete vs anyone. Him and Jaire together are going to be nasty . And if we get Z back with the pass rush… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

Most of what we ever hear about in terms of rookie CB's from the media is about Surtain and the rookie DB from the Cowboys.  Stokes is quietly having a nice rookie year.  That's just fine by me.  Surtain does look good.  The Cowboys got themselves a ball hawk who gives as well as he receives.  To each their own.

Diggs isn't a rookie.  He's year two or three.  I can't remember, other than I like him coming out.  

I haven't seen Surtain, I can't comment about him.

But I sure am happy to have Stokes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...