Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Packerraymond

11 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

unfortunately i think we might be in a position to let ja walk

I think that would be a mistake. He’s really good when healthy and good corners are not easily replaced. If you had a crystal ball and knew he would get injured again, let him walk but he’s been tough and durable up to this point. The reality of the cap will set in but elite players at prime positions are the second contracts you keep. Continue the search for replacements for all others. 

Edited by Refugee

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't want to lose Amos .. I just have a feeling he's the guy with the smarts and leadership that holds it all together back there.

yeah I think I agree with that.  That being said there will be some bargain vets at safety - there always are.

Not sure push is gonna come to shove on this, but as the secondary goes, JA and Savage before Amos when you count in price tag.

26 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't want to lose Amos .. I just have a feeling he's the guy with the smarts and leadership that holds it all together back there.

He is a very assignment sure safety.  He makes sure nothing gets loose back there.  I love Amos.

But, the reality is that he is most likely gone if we need to purge some vets for cap relief.

Amos and Alexander are studs. So are Savage and Stokes...

Fun to speculate and pontificate, but too many pieces of the puzzle needing to be be put into position to know the outcome of any of the contracts moving forward without any real degree of certainty IMO.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

if this was a done deal the deal would be done

Would like to know your break down of this CB group and why you think Alexander is not a cornerstone. As for his deal, there is no urgency to have that deal done now. The deal will get done by TC 2022, but he under contract with the 5th year option until March of 2023. No need to panic with this one.  

• Like 1