Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Packerraymond

"Questionable on field play"

Eric Stokes when lined up at outside corner this season: 0 TDs allowed 4 INTs 37.1 passer rating

Kind of reminds me of what we saw with that Jaire guy this past season. He was pretty good if I remember correctly.

Edited by WaitWhat
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Cheesehead430 said:

SEC corner bought high on athleticism and questionable on field play is ignored. How is that am awful take? 

Go watch his tape and tell me his play is questionable.  Ahmad Carroll was just under 5'10", 195.  And Carroll was unbelievably grabby.  Stokes hasn't been nearly as bad.  I'd argue Kevin King had more issues with that coming out of college then Stokes did.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

I feel like we drafted Ahmad Carroll. Between a reach on a corner and the AR news, it is hard to be excited.

I do get what we saw (fast db). 

Dude gave up 145 yards last year and he’s Carroll? Get out of here.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I feel like we drafted Ahmad Carroll. Between a reach on a corner and the AR news, it is hard to be excited.

I do get what we saw (fast db). 

How the hell is someone Carol because he was fast? The guy played well in the SEC. 

ahmad Carroll has absolutely nothing to do with Stokes. 

3 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Not a good tackler = welcome home to GB bro!

I'd be hard pressed to find 9 corners who are clearly better then him.  You've got Surtain, Farley, and Horn as for sure.  You'd probably have Newsome and Samuel.  But beyond that?  I'm lost.

I like this. After today I think we should draft all defense and hire a second DC for the hell of it, and ask Rodgers to restructure so we can sign a couple more defensive FAs to round it out.

But seriously, I would love to see Stokes put King on the bench.

Edited by ccecilnosebleed
  • Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

How the hell is someone Carol because he was fast? The guy played well in the SEC. 

ahmad Carroll has absolutely nothing to do with Stokes. 

Because it's an "easy" comparison.  I mean, they're both SEC corners so they must be the same player...