Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Packerraymond

Stokes has the length and speed.   Has some issues to clean up, but that is what coaching is for.  For 2021, Stokes gets to develop with Alexander as the #1, King and Sullivan starting as the #2 and #3.  He should be able to push for snaps as the season progresses.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd be hard pressed to find 9 corners who are clearly better then him.  You've got Surtain, Farley, and Horn as for sure.  You'd probably have Newsome and Samuel.  But beyond that?  I'm lost.

I would like to see that list as well.  

This guy is a great athlete for Jerry Grey to work with.  I think he can do it.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/23/eric-stokes-potential-nfl-draft-steal-hiding-plain-sight

According to Sports Info Solutions, Stokes allowed an opposing quarterback completion rate of 38% in 2020. In the SEC. Against receivers like DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle and Ja'Marr Chase, each of whom might come off the board before him. Teams throwing against him in 2020 experienced a negative expected points added rating of -16, higher than that of Alabama’s Patrick Surtain II. He was taking away more than half a point per target.

According to Pro Football Focus' premium college stats, over three years when matched up against a horde of first-round picks from Alabama and LSU (Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Devonta Smith, Henry Ruggs and Jaylen Waddle) Stokes allowed a total of seven catches on 11 targets for two touchdowns. The longest completion against any of those players was 23 yards

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Stokes has the length and speed.   Has some issues to clean up, but that is what coaching is for.  For 2021, Stokes gets to develop with Alexander as the #1, King and Sullivan starting as the #2 and #3.  He should be able to push for snaps as the season progresses.  

Get his footwork and hips cleaned up a bit and you've got a dynamic 1-2 punch between him and Jaire.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's got ball skills too. 4 INT last year with 2 pick 6s in 9 games and 22 PD/PBUs for his career.

Long, fast, ball skills, willing to get dirty, makes splash plays, just turned 22 last month. What's not to like?

Don't forget great hair.

Just now, CWood21 said:

The hips were the red flag for me.  They're tight, and it showed in the Combine agility tests.

He's a track guy so it's to be expected. I know that Dom's staff isn't around anymore but we did alright with a past track guy at boundary CB.