Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

To be fair, pretty sure all their WR's are FA's after the year so it's definitely a position they need to address

agreed.   as would the CB group outside of Alexander.  So you go with the premium position and have your MVP level QB make the offense go with a running game and offensive system.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you were a woman I would propose to you right now.

strike 1

You’d also have to be under 32 years old,

strike 2

at least a 7/10

well........ lets say that one was a tough one

, you’d have to have seen (and liked) The Thing (1982),

yes, but not as much as you

and also would be willing to give me two alone days 3 days a week and also have a lot of money and sighing a prenup, but if you checked all those boxes I would propose to you over this post.

probably not a thing we should pursue...... @CWood21might be jealous

Don't love it.  He potentially fixes a need but I'm not sure he became a first round pick caliber prospect until he ran in gym shorts.  He's one of the grabbier CBs in the draft and doesn't play at a speed that would suggest that he's the fastest CB in the draft.  

He was part of a secondary that Alabama absolutely humiliated this year.   In that game he got torched for a TD and had a costly PI in the end zone that directly resulted in a TD.  

I can't help but laugh at the Kevin King comparison given how completely embarrassing Kevin King was the last time we seen him on the field. If that's the expectation then we'll be draft another CB early really, really soon. 

Hard to complain though after the draft we had last year.  Stokes might actually improve the team for 2021.

• Like 1

Ryan Wood -   Brian Gutekunst says Packers draft board held up well. If Eric Stokes went ahead of 29, he might've traded back tonight. Stokes being available made decision easy. "When he was sitting there, I just thought it was the best thing for the Packers."