Day 2 NFL Draft Discussion

zelbell

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not against drafting another CB in round 2.

I just don’t value LBs and DTs with how the league has changed.

I'm biased as a former LB and current LB coach (even if it's just HS), but I think that having a capable 3 down LB is what separates a good defense from a great/elite one. If you have the opportunity to get that guy, it's innately valuable...it's just very difficult to find a guy who can play A to C gap and carry a TE underneath as well on 3rd Down. It's also a big reason why Tampa went through the NFC and KC this past year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Also, since I have nobody to talk about this with-- I just woke up from that 2nd dose and I am shivering/have the chills. Is that a normal side effect from that others on here that got the vaccine? 

Yes, this is normal.  People have a wide reaction to getting the 2nd dose.  A lot of people feel quite bad for a few hours to a day or two of feeling fairly bad.  Most of my friends have had the 2nd dose and some felt pretty bad.  I am due to get mine on Monday, so no first hand experience until then.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

And if your playing in a divison with the Ravens, run stopping DTs matter as well

Yeah but a no huddle offense and getting an early large lead against them would be a killer for the Ravens as well. Anytime you make him have to pass in order to win....is a win. He is 1-6 when trailing at halftime 

• Like 1

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah but a no huddle offense and getting an early large lead against them would be a killer for the Ravens as well. Anytime you make him have to pass in order to win....is a win. He is 1-6 when trailing at halftime 

Very true.

Also, why is this draft starting at 7pm? I swear when I was in college I remember watching the draft all day long in the middle of the day when the sun was out and people were grilling and being outside.

I really dont like this whole 'make everything primetime' thing. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Very true.

Also, why is this draft starting at 7pm? I swear when I was in college I remember watching the draft all day long in the middle of the day when the sun was out and people were grilling and being outside.

It would be nice to get off work watch day 2 and still have time to enjoy the rest of the day...

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

And if your playing in a divison with the Ravens, run stopping DTs matter as well

We also play the Bengals and Steelers.

They are both pass first teams. The bengals will be better than the Ravens in 2 years. Worry about them, not Baltimore.

Edited by candyman93

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

It would be nice to get off work watch day 2 and still have time to enjoy the rest of the day...

I swear they changed it recently. I remember the draft being a weekend event. 1st round was Friday night, then 2-4 was all day Saturday and 5-7 was all day Sunday.

This new model can go away any time now. I dont feel like staying up to midnight just to watch the NFL draft every night.

22 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Very true.

Because GMT-5, GMT-6 and GMT-7 are things 

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Because GMT-5, GMT-6 and GMT-7 are things 

I would appreciate if they would change it back to being a mid-day event for day 2-3 and move it to the weekend. I have zero interest in staying up to 11-12-1am to watch a NFL draft much like the rest of the EST.

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I swear they changed it recently. I remember the draft being a weekend event. 1st round was Friday night, then 2-4 was all day Saturday and 5-7 was all day Sunday.

This new model can go away any time now. I dont feel like staying up to midnight just to watch the NFL draft every night.

Changed it in 2010

the Saturday rounds 1-3 were always fun