Day 2 NFL Draft Discussion

zelbell

I think Day 2 if we could come away with a DT, be it Barmore, Nixon, McNeill, Onwuzurike, Milton Williams, Shelvin or Togiai and then also pick up an LB like Cox, Bolton, Surratt or Werner I would be pretty happy. 

If we could then also get a DE like Perkins, Odeyingbo or Weaver or a WR like Nico Collins or a Safety like Jamar Johnson then I would not care too much what they do the rest of the draft. Although if I were being greedy and we could somehow also add Anthony Schwartz at some point I think that would be awesome.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would appreciate if they would change it back to being a mid-day event for day 2-3 and move it to the weekend. I have zero interest in staying up to 11-12-1am to watch a NFL draft much like the rest of the EST.

Man, those Saturdays were too much. They’d start at noon and go until like 10-11pm.

The current format is much better, they just need to speed the picks up a bit.  It’s not necessary for it to take as long as it does.

Drop each pick time to 8-9 min, allow 2 min for the first pick, stop taking 3 commercial breaks for each pick and work the commercials in around the picks, not the other way around, etc.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, those Saturdays were too much. They’d start at noon and go until like 10-11pm.

The current format is much better, they just need to speed the picks up a bit.  It’s not necessary for it to take as long as it does.

Drop each pick time to 8-9 min, allow 2 min for the first pick, stop taking 3 commercial breaks for each pick and work the commercials in around the picks, not the other way around, etc.

That was THE BEST! lol You can plan your whole day around the draft, get some stuff for the grill, pick up some brews and make a entire fun day out of it. Its just hard to plan anything when they break the draft up so much and put it on late night.

• Like 1

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

That was THE BEST! lol You can plan your whole day around the draft, get some stuff for the grill, pick up some brews and make a entire fun day out of it. Its just hard to plan anything when they break the draft up so much and put it on late night.

Spoken like a 20 something single guy. 😂 

Realistically it’s an exceptionally small group of people who can (and want to) watch a draft for 11 straight hours.

It’s like sex.  I love it, but I don’t want to spend 7 or 8 consecutive minutes doing it.  It’s much more enjoyable when broken up into 2-3 min at a time, ya know?

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Based on the guys taken when Sashi was here and Delpit last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if the first pick tonight was a guy with elite physical traits.  Ogbah, Delpit, Kizer, Peppers, Njoku.. those are the guys they’ve taken end of round one and round 2.

I'm intrigued to see if we stay at #59, who that "elite physical trait guy" will be. Top of the 2nd, I'd say it's JOK or Moehrig.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ossai comes to mind.

Good call.

Holland came to mind as well, and I'm not sure if they project him as a S or slot CB.

Terrance Marshall if the medical checks out would be a viable option (6'3 and 205).

Maybe Rondale Moore (his injury history and size still concerns me)

Onwuzurike if he's there? Barmore if he's there?

Jabril Cox?