2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Based on the video of our warm room immediately following the pick it definitely looks like some people were pissed. 

I think Tony Pauline saw that video, and decided to grab some Twitter clout.

Whose head would roll????

Did Tom Cable grab the phone while Gruden went out for coffee?  

Just now, massraider said:

I don't have questions that we have a good OL coach, whereas you pin his entire career on the SEA years.   

What players improved since Cable was hired? Miller? But he had elite physical tools. Incognito, Hudson, Jackson, and Brown were already established before Cable and Jackson regressed tbh. Parker who we spent a 3rd round pick on was so bad we played Good over him at RT. IIRC we had by far the highest paid OL in the league the last two seasons and that was with Kolton on his rookie deal. 

In 2018, Cable's first year back, Carr was sacked like 55 times.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I agree with this 100%. After Sewell and Slater, the OT class had a similar feel. All a matter of who you like.

My issue is value and prioritizing offense over a defense that was historically putrid. If they maneuver and pick JOK, it's a B+ from me on day 1 and 2.

I am where you're at. My main issue with this whole thing was we didn't go after defense and defense was the problem. Yeah we needed a right tackle but we also had a top 10 defense with Sam Young lol. 

Not saying that they will but if they get any of the guys that everybody thought we're going to go in the first round in the second round I wonder what people will say then

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I am where you're at my main issue with this whole thing wise we didn't go after defense and defense was the problem. Yeah we needed a right tackle but we also had a top 10 defense with Sam Young lol. 

Not saying that they will but if they get any of the guys that everybody thought we're going to go in the first round in the second round I wonder what people will say then

Hopefully we have another Ferrell/Crosby situation where we take Spencer Brown round 3 and he ends up being good, lol.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

For the people dumping on picking a RT in the first, pick #7 Sewell is playing RT for the Lions.

For people dumping on the idea of us trading up for Sewell when I mentioned it, lol. But hey maybe we get our next special teams war daddy.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Trojan said:

You guys see Warren Sapp on working with Christian Barmore lol?

“I had a chance to get him on the football field and walk him through the five steps to the quarterback, and if they’re telling me that this is a first round guy then Aaron Donald really did get blocked 70 percent on the double teams,” Sapp said. “I just promise you this, if these eyes right here that you’re looking at are telling a lie about talent, then shoot me. I won’t talk anymore football. If this kid’s a first-round pick then I won’t talk football (on social media) for a full year. I won’t make a tweet or an Instagram post unless the kids’ playing sports. It’s nothing personal, but I’ll take off a whole year if Barmore is a first-round pick.”

Sapp discussed some of the details about what went wrong with Barmore’s session with the QB Killa.

“I got up at 5:30 a.m. and drove to Tampa to get there by 10:30 a.m.,” Sapp said. “I threw my hat and my lovely ROKA sunglasses . . . I’ve thrown my hat and my sunglasses, and at one point I’m sitting there like, ‘Do this,’ and he’s doing something else. To the point where another person said, ‘You’re not doing that,’ and he looked at both of us like, ‘What?’ So I tried it one more time, and then when he didn’t do it that time I picked up my glasses and my visor and I walked off. I didn’t say another word to anybody. I just left.”

Yeah I heard the thing with him is he doesn't listen to coaching. Which might be the reason why he had limited snaps at Alabama. At this point I'd rather have the Washington guy