2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Something I'm wondering is that it's pretty easy to say "I would have taken this player here" or "this guy is a reach there".

Not that I am necessarily defending Grudock, but they, as well as the rest of the league have so much more access to information than we do including the most avid amateur draft analysts. 

Given the same access to information as NFL personnel do, would we arrive to the same conclusions on players as we do as armchair analysts?

I think with things like background and medical information, its justifiable why certain players don't get drafted when we expect them to. However, I don't think NFL scouts and GMs are particularly better at evaluating players than the media or some posters on here. The only advantage they have is access to a lot more All-22 film. It's not like they're doctors or lawyers, they're basically picking kids from the playground.

• Like 2

Just now, BayRaider said:

Not just because it’s a need, but because Holland and Grant are well worth that pick and are fair value. 

Wouldn’t be mad if we traded up for JOK though. 

Again going off of what Vic said, I really don't think we go LB this soon, if at all. Hope hes/I'm wrong as JOK would be tremendous for our D. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Again going off of what Vic said, I really don't think we go LB this soon, if at all. Hope hes/I'm wrong as JOK would be tremendous for our D. 

I’d rather stay put anyways and hope one of the safety’s are still there. Odds are at least one of Moehrig, Holland, or Grant will be there. 

I also wouldn’t be mad if we took CB Tyson Campbell. Bit of a project but oozes potential. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’d rather stay put anyways and hope one of the safety’s are still there. Odds are at least one of Moehrig, Holland, or Grant will be there. 

I also wouldn’t be mad if we took CB Tyson Campbell. Bit of a project but oozes potential. 

Campbell seems solid, though I read his COD and ball skills are worrisome? A CB lacking agility scares me this high. What do you think about him?

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Campbell seems solid, though I read his COD and ball skills are worrisome? A CB lacking agility scares me this high. What do you think about him?

Have him ranked 49th. Boom or Bust. If he Booms he could be a Top 15 CB. If he busts, he flat out busts. I’d say 55% chance he busts, but the 2nd Round is about gambles on Top Potential. And Campbell has loads of potential. Probably the second most athletic corner in the draft behind Farley. And yes his ball skills and locating the ball are pretty horrendous. But all of his flaws are coachable. 

I wouldn’t be mad if we picked a RT like Cosmi or Forsythe. But that’s purely because of how I view Leatherwood as a guard. However, 99% of the forum would be outraged lol. 

With that said, I want to address defense with this pick primarily. Preferably FS or CB.