2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Want no part of another OL pick. This HAS to be a defensive pick. Honestly these next 3 picks should be defensive. Barring a legit WR falling to the 3rd. 

We give up 30 per game and we go Oline with the first two picks.  Insanity aka it will most likely happen with the stooges we have in our front office.

I don't know much about Leatherwood other than he physically looks the part but I was anti Oline in this first considering how bad our D is.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We give up 30 per game and we go Oline with the first two picks.  Insanity aka it will most likely happen with the stooges we have in our front office.

I don't know much about Leatherwood other than he physically looks the part but I was anti Oline in this first considering how bad our D is.  

Here’s the thing: me and you both agree about the whole you have to take a defensive star if he’s there so you know I’m with you on that

terms of athleticism Alex leatherwood is one of if not the most athletic offensive and tackle in the draft. He also had a really good measure both as well so there’s that. With this pic it comes down to can cable get him right. If he can he has talent. My only issue is I don’t wanna hear anything about he’s not ready to start yet.

sounds about right a 24 year rookie safety who I don't think Is better than Joseph. man there isn't that many exciting defensive players but there's still alot of good tackles 

Edge: Ojulari, Rumph, Ossai 

LB: JOK, Bolton

DT: Barmore, Levi, M Williams, McNeil, Nixon

S: Moehrig, J Johnson, Holland

alot of talent went of the board on defense at the end of the 1st. the only other tackle off the board was Darrisaw. smh, would have made so much more sense to draft a tackle in round 2 or 3. smh . wait to add to defense until all the talent was taken in the 1st... in not excited anymore

There are 16 players before 48:

Guys I'd trade up for: 5

JOK

Moehrig

Onwuzurike

Christian Barmore

Azeez Ojulari

Guys I'd be happy with: 4

Richie Grant

Nick Bolton

Asante Samuel Jr (good zone corner with great instincts)

Joseph Ossai

Guys who are good value but not a clear need (mainly OL): 4 

Teven Jenkins

Jalen Mayfield

Landon Dickerson

Liam Eichenberg

That's 13 guys before 16. And I think Javonte Williams, Rondale Moore, and Terrance Marshall go off the board early. So we are gonna get one of these guys for sure. I feel really good about that. Ideally we'd get one of the 5 I mentioned, who I think are 1st round players.

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Was never going to happen. Vic alluded that we weren't going to take a LB, and even if Parsons was there at 17 they wouldn't have drafted him. Parsons was never going to be a Raider.

I wonder if JOK is off the table then. Will be a shame. There is a lot of depth later in the draft. I would still really like to move up for Onwuzurike/Barmore/Moehrig/Ojulari though.