2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wonder if JOK is off the table then. Will be a shame. There is a lot of depth later in the draft. I would still really like to move up for Onwuzurike/Barmore/Moehrig/Ojulari though.

I too am disappointed as I think JOKer is a total stud. I feel like we won't target a LB for a while at least. For whatever reason Vic thinks the team loves Morrow and wants to give him all the chances to excel. 

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Was never going to happen. Vic alluded that we weren't going to take a LB, and even if Parsons was there at 17 they wouldn't have drafted him. Parsons was never going to be a Raider.

we always reach on need. 1 other tackle was drafted besides Leatherwood

Edited by Humble_Beast

Raiders continue to show they draft based on need. I would expect safety to be taken in the second round.. Never really know with this team would never assume that it would be one that would make sense. Would expect a safety and a pass rusher tomorrow 

36 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders continue to show they draft based on need. I would expect safety to be taken in the second round.. Never really know with this team would never assume that it would be one that would make sense. Would expect a safety and a pass rusher tomorrow 

If they really don’t want a LB, which may or may not be a mistake, we need to move up for Moehrig or one of the pass rushers/interior DL. I’d be thrilled to come away with Moehrig and Elerson Smith. Or Onwuzurike and Richie Grant. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

A good second and 3rd round can def make people think less about the reach in the first round. 

The 2nd and 3rd found are the most important rounds in the draft. It’s where Reggie struggled the most.

Mullen is good (pass rush made him look worse). Bowden was not. Muse is TBD and Edwards is promising. That’s a lot of hit and miss. Let’s see what happens tomorrow. Mayock has hit more on day 3 than day 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnlyGlove said:

Still think we'll take Spencer Brown. 

Leatherwood will start at RT.  Brown to develop to either be swing Tackle over Parker or if Leatherwood struggles and Brown improves enough over a year or two.  Move Leatherwood to gaurd.

I was thinking this before read that Mayock already said day 1 starting RT.

Still could happen if Brown is there at our 3rd rounders...

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Loaded OL class. I want another one at 79/80 (if we keep both) or in the 4th.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1387985259153788929/photo/1

We’re complaining about taking an OL in the 1st and now we want another one in the 3rd? I don’t get the logic tbh, 5th or 6th I would but next few picks need to be defense imo. We need quality and depth on D before more OL. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They will obviously take a FS. This is the most predictable FO in football. There is no other position they will consider and doesn't matter who is on the board.

I think that as well. If it's somehow Moehrig then A+, but he's likely off the board within a few selections tonight so we'll settle for another lesser talent.