2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Deablo is a NFL LB 100%. 

Then how many WLBs do we need.  Littleton, Muse again, Morrow, and Deablo.  I think he plays the SS role up next to the line of scrimmage and Koonce like Ingram.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Koonce is no scrub. I'm not saying the guy was my best edge rusher that I wanted because he was small school, but if you haven't watched him don't complain. He has an explosive first step, power, and can bend the edge.

Maybe not a scrub. I went to school at UB once upon a time, the whole program is scrub level. Watching him won't help because the competition isn't NFL quality. 

There's just no way to spin the way that this team continually tries to outthink the draft and it never pans out. It just never pans out, never has. This is the year that they do the same thing and it turns out different.

• Like 2

I just hope we are getting guys that Gus Bradley wants.  I hope he can turn this defense around with these 3 players.  I'm just happy we went all defense on day 2.  Hope to see more of the same on day 3.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holyghost said:

Maybe not a scrub. I went to school at UB once upon a time, the whole program is scrub level. Watching him won't help because the competition isn't NFL quality. 

There's just no way to spin the way that this team continually tries to outthink the draft and it never pans out. It just never pans out, never has. This is the year that they do the same thing and it turns out different.

I think that's a fair take based on precedent, but I watched Koonce after tape don't lie broke him down and thought he was a solid devy pass rusher. Now is that value at 80? Maybe not. But honestly I liked what I saw from him so I'm not really down on this. I give it a C+/B-. 

Honestly looks like more projects with upside when there are ready now players to add depth. Ward for Reggie when both Bama DT's were still available. Hopefully we develop them or trade them before our mistake is seen. TRASH TRASH I SAY!!!

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Then how many WLBs do we need.  Littleton, Muse again, Morrow, and Deablo.  I think he plays the SS role up next to the line of scrimmage and Koonce like Ingram.

It's going to be Morrow/Kwit/Littleton as starters. Deablo (W) and Muse (M) to backup. Muse has put on some weight per reports.