2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What's your definition of impact? JOK is the only true impact day 1 player out there. The rest are developmental or JAGs in your starting lineup. 

That is clearly your opinion.  In 3 years from now there will be a number of impact players coming out of the second round.  

My definition of an impact player is a quality starter who is not elite. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This baseless faith in Cable is incredible, he got ran out of town in Seattle for destroying their OL. Yes, Kolton Miller has improved under him, but who else has? Parker has been a complete bust and guys like Incognito, Hudson, Brown, and Jackson were all either here before he got here or proven high quality players already. 

He's coached lines that played well everywhere except for that Seattle line. 

His entire career is meaningless because of that one coaching stop?  Maybe those players all just sucked.

• Like 1

Just now, massraider said:

His entire career is meaningless because of that one coaching stop?  Maybe those players all just sucked.

And who was the one picking them and developing them? Now we'll get to see how good he is as a coach since our whole OL will be his guys. Didn't inherit the highest paid unit in the league with proven Pro Bowl, All-Pro level guys across the board. Now we got Andre James, John Simpson, and Alex Leatherwood holding it down. 

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Personally I would welcome a trade up for either Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah or Trevon Moehrig. We have a lot of assets to make the move.

i'd prefer stay put and just pick defensive bpa with all 3 picks in the 2nd and 3rd.  

I have to ask the question.... Mike Mayock was universally seen as a draft guru in the media. Well respected and his rankings were often inline with what most pundits had. 

As GM, he seems way more cavalier in how they set up their draft board. Bucking trends repeated by others. Overvaluing lower ranked players compared to his former cohorts.

Was he following the masses when he worked in the media? Slotting players in consensus with most others. 

Is he trying to prove something now that he's a GM? Or is Gruden's voice simply the largest in the room?

These picks feel so odd when you look a Mayock's draft history and tendencies. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This baseless faith in Cable is incredible, he got ran out of town in Seattle for destroying their OL. Yes, Kolton Miller has improved under him, but who else has? Parker has been a complete bust and guys like Incognito, Hudson, Brown, and Jackson were all either here before he got here or proven high quality players already. 

It’s not baseless. You’ve listed his most recent success. I also just have trust in him to do his job as a long time professional OL coach. I don’t think that’s crazy. Much less crazy than thinking I know more about OL than him. 

3 minutes ago, massraider said:

I would love JOK, but a 215 pound LB is simply not the kind of player Gruden and Mayock have shown any interest in.

They have preached size since Day 1. 

It's not their defense. It's Gus Bradley's. If that is how they are thinking currently, then this team will never move forward. 

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is clearly your opinion.  In 3 years from now there will be a number of impact players coming out of the second round.  

My definition of an impact player is a quality starter who is not elite. 

That's fair. My definition of impact is a guy who creates turnovers, sacks and big plays in clutch moments. Impact players being your stars.

There obviously will be some of these in the next 2 days of the draft that come out of know where. Hard to identify them.

7 minutes ago, massraider said:

And Seattle is still struggling to field a good OL...Cables been gone for like 3-4 years now? Hm....

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And who was the one picking them and developing them? Now we'll get to see how good he is as a coach since our whole OL will be his guys. Didn't inherit the highest paid unit in the league with proven Pro Bowl, All-Pro level guys across the board. Now we got Andre James, John Simpson, and Alex Leatherwood holding it down. 

It will be interesting to watch

8 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

It’s not baseless. You’ve listed his most recent success. I also just have trust in him to do his job as a long time professional OL coach. I don’t think that’s crazy. Much less crazy than thinking I know more about OL than him. 

His most recent success when he had 4 very good veterans in Incognito, Hudson, Jackson, and Brown who were already very good before they got here.