Jump to content

2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk


RaidersAreOne

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Did you watch him play?  He is small also.  Arnette would be a better SCB but I am not sure we are going to try that.  This team seems to be set on Arnette on the outside and Robertson in the slot because of measurables but it should be the opposite based on their game play.  Molden is like Renfrow.  You look at him and think he can not do it and then he hits you in the mouth.

Yes, i watched him a bit. I'm just saying his poor testing is why he's still available at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

you sleeping on Bryan Edwards 

I think you are putting your faith in a player that has done nothing yet.  Plus it would not hurt to have another young talented WR.  Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow are the only WRs I see being with the team for the next couple years.  Plus Edwards and Collins are different types of WRs.  I hope Edwards turns into a high volume possession WR.  Imagine having Collins, Edwards, Ruggs, and Waller on the field at the same time.  Or Collins, Edwards, Waller, and Moreau in the red zone.  You would not be able to stop us the same way our offense looked great before TW started getting hurt if Edwards and Collins develop.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

Yes, i watched him a bit. I'm just saying his poor testing is why he's still available at this point.

I can understand that perspective.  I thought you were saying he was not good because of the testing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think you are putting your faith in a player that has done nothing yet.  Plus it would not hurt to have another young talented WR.  Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow are the only WRs I see being with the team for the next couple years.  Plus Edwards and Collins are different types of WRs.  I hope Edwards turns into a high volume possession WR.  Imagine having Collins, Edwards, Ruggs, and Waller on the field at the same time.  Or Collins, Edwards, Waller, and Moreau in the red zone.  You would not be able to stop us the same way our offense looked great before TW started getting hurt if Edwards and Collins develop.

We're getting Julio. Gruden can't resist it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think you are putting your faith in a player that has done nothing yet.  Plus it would not hurt to have another young talented WR.  Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow are the only WRs I see being with the team for the next couple years.  Plus Edwards and Collins are different types of WRs.  I hope Edwards turns into a high volume possession WR.  Imagine having Collins, Edwards, Ruggs, and Waller on the field at the same time.  Or Collins, Edwards, Waller, and Moreau in the red zone.  You would not be able to stop us the same way our offense looked great before TW started getting hurt if Edwards and Collins develop.

Agreed people put way too much faith in Edwards. He was a pure project when we got him, hence the third round selection. Not rocket science, but majority of third round WR’s don’t develop. Edwards hasn’t shown anything yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think you are putting your faith in a player that has done nothing yet.  Plus it would not hurt to have another young talented WR.  Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow are the only WRs I see being with the team for the next couple years.  Plus Edwards and Collins are different types of WRs.  I hope Edwards turns into a high volume possession WR.  Imagine having Collins, Edwards, Ruggs, and Waller on the field at the same time.  Or Collins, Edwards, Waller, and Moreau in the red zone.  You would not be able to stop us the same way our offense looked great before TW started getting hurt if Edwards and Collins develop.

fair enough, I wouldn't have been mad at a WR in the 3rd. I also feel like we needed another edge rusher, and LB unit has alot less talent then the WR unit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I hope he is better than Cable and he gave input on which players he wanted.

I'd be surprised if he didn't since the 3 players drafted are playing the key spots in his D. Single high, hybrid LB/S and LEO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I love Julio but we better not give away a lot.  Maybe we can trade some of the players we just replaced.

Atlanta doesn't want players, they need cap room to sign their draft class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

fair enough, I wouldn't have been mad at a WR in the 3rd. I also feel like we needed another edge rusher, and LB unit has alot less talent then the WR unit. 

We do need to improve at a lot of positions so I am not completely crazy about the picks.  I would not have been angry going all defense this draft but when I see us redrafting positions from last year and there are players that could make a big impact getting passed up it drives me nuts.  I am hoping I am wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...