2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

And Seattle is still struggling to field a good OL...Cables been gone for like 3-4 years now? Hm....

Some thing that’s key to understand about Tom cables lines in Seattle is that they never gave him any resources because they knew he could coach whatever they gave him. In the Pete Carroll era they have literally only drafted one offense of lineman in the first round: Russell Okung

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Some thing that’s key to understand about Tom cables lines in Seattle is that they never gave him any resources because they knew he could coach whatever they gave him. In the Pete Carroll era they have literally only drafted one offense of lineman in the first round: Russell Okung

They drafted Okung, Carpenter, Unger, and Moffit early between 2009-2011, lol. 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Let’s see how much say Gus Bradley has. Should be all him today. Chargers have drafted well on defense the past couple years so if Gruden listens should be a good day. 

Curious to know how much input Bradley had on the draft process leading up to today. With his system being a change up for what we had be preparing for, do they give him more input to get some of "his guys'?

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I have to ask the question.... Mike Mayock was universally seen as a draft guru in the media. Well respected and his rankings were often inline with what most pundits had. 

As GM, he seems way more cavalier in how they set up their draft board. Bucking trends repeated by others. Overvaluing lower ranked players compared to his former cohorts.

Was he following the masses when he worked in the media? Slotting players in consensus with most others. 

Is he trying to prove something now that he's a GM? Or is Gruden's voice simply the largest in the room?

These picks feel so odd when you look a Mayock's draft history and tendencies. 

Never really paid attention to his picks or mocks just liked his descriptions and analysis. Like I said in a different thread all his picks first 2 rounds esp look good on paper and in theory but on the field looks like crap. It’s like as soon as the prospect enters lv they begin to suck. 

Gus seemed very involved with FA so that’s a good sign. Now let him do his thing today. Should be considered malpractice if Gruden doesn’t listen to Gus today. 

Would also like to see them be aggressive in this second round. You have an extra 3rd round pick use it to get someone that you like that won’t be there. 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

But mike said everyone was in agreement. Hope Mark throws on his dads old track suit slick back the hair pulls out the projector and gets to roasting 

Yea I don't buy this report. Just trying to get clicks I am sure. 

Although I would welcome a shake up.